Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Sash Windows - Spring Problem

Options
  • 21-05-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Here's a major call for HELP.

I bought PVC sash windows from a Dublin company 12 years ago, and began to have issues with the springs 4 years ago. The guy from the company came down and replaced the problem springs, but more of them broke a year later. The company was in trouble, and I was slower than I should have been in taking him to small claims .......... i.e. he went under and I've a number of broken sash windows where the windows will not stay open when lifted.

My understanding is that the springs for these windows are reasonably standard, but I cannot source them - does anyone have contacts in the trade I could connect with to get this issue fixed? I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee to get this resolved.

Just reply or PM me on this one - PLEASE!!!!

Comments

Advertisement