Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household benefits package TV license

Options
  • 21-05-2013 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I am applying for the household benefits package and the form asks for my tv license number, I don't have a TV license as I have just moved out of the family home. What do I do. Also do I have to send a copy of my phone and electricity bills, I do not have an electricity bill, as I have only just moved in would a letter stating that the connection is in my nam suffice. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

You could take out a TV licence tomorrow for your new house that would sort that.

Electricity Bill: You could quote your new account number and energy supplier, and explain that you have only just moved in and haven't a bill to forward at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

danjo-xx wrote: »
    You could take out a TV licence tomorrow for your new house that would sort that.

Electricity Bill: You could quote your new account number and energy supplier, and explain that you have only just moved in and haven't a bill to forward at this time.

Well I can't afford a TV license, which is why am applying for the household benefits package. I would only be able to afford to pay it weekly and I assume they don't give you one until it is fully paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Are you on a qualifying payment from DSFA?

Are you on a qualifying payment from DSFA?

Yes I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Get the gas and esb to write to you with your account number on the letter or print off a older bill online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

You're ok, I don't have a tv either, You'll need an electricty bill in your name or as above a letter. You'll receive a letter stating that you qualify for a free tv licence in the post .

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Get the gas and esb to write to you with your account number on the letter or print off a older bill online.

Well I have a letter that they sent me out as part of my welcome pack, it has my name and my account number on it, I will ring the offices tomorrow and ask them if that will suffice, if not I will get electric ireland to post me out something that will. I will also ask them about the TV license issue.

On another note does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for the household package to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

I also don't have a tv licence and will be sending away the Household Benefits Package form soon, so I was also wondering:

A/How much does a TV licence cost one after it's been bought? Like does it need to be renewed within a year or something?

B/ Will they send me a free one so I don't need to buy it at all?

C/ Should I send away my latest ESB bill even though it's already been paid?

Thanks for help.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

A) €160 yes you pay this every year

B)Once you qualify for the Household Benefits Package, you become eligible for a Free Television Licence from the next renewal date of your television licence.
    From here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/extra_social_welfare_benefits/household_benefits_package.html

C)The form requires you to have your MPRN number there is no need to send a bill.

Advertisement