Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big four questions

Options
  • 21-05-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi If someone could help me here I'd be really appreciative:

What is the pay for an Assistant 1 in a big four in Ireland after tax deducted?
    Its just I've been offered a big 4 in Europe after I finish my 4th year (currently an intern here) 30k year1 after tax and I want to know whats the difference I know theres a big gap but how big.

In relation to the Audit department what are the normal hours for "busy season"? 9 till 8/9 similar to what im working now......?

What is the story with exams do you have to attend college every second week Sat and Sun? and lectures during the week.

Who would be regarded the best of the big four in Ireland? KPMG?

Thanks,

Regards,

Oldspice

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 headhoncho1

oldspice wrote: »
    Hi If someone could help me here I'd be really appreciative:

What is the pay for an Assistant 1 in a big four in Ireland after tax deducted?
    Its just I've been offered a big 4 in Europe after I finish my 4th year (currently an intern here) 30k year1 after tax and I want to know whats the difference I know theres a big gap but how big.

In relation to the Audit department what are the normal hours for "busy season"? 9 till 8/9 similar to what im working now......?

What is the story with exams do you have to attend college every second week Sat and Sun? and lectures during the week.

Who would be regarded the best of the big four in Ireland? KPMG?

Thanks,

Regards,

Oldspice

30k is about 10 or 11k greater, after tax. Watch out though; if you do it abroad you might not be offered a CA, ACCA, CIMA qualification which is a prerequisite to working in industry in Ireland if you choose to come back.

You attend classes roughly every second weekend, with some midweek classes.

As for the best of the Big 4 - they're the exact same thing.

Hours 9-9 during busy season if you're lucky, could be worse or better. As an intern the intensity of work is much lower than it would be if you were permanent. They don't give you much real responsibility, despite what it might seem like.

Advertisement