Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Guidelines - Word Processor

Options
  • 21-05-2013 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Anyone know about using a Word Processor to do Leaving Cert exams? Some questions:
    Does the superintendent or student have responsibility for saving / printing etc?
    Are there formal dept guidelines for students, schools, superintendetns apart from the document 'Guidelines_for_Schools_and_Superintendents'
    Any advice appreciated.
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

RoDa wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone know about using a Word Processor to do Leaving Cert exams? Some questions:
    Does the superintendent or student have responsibility for saving / printing etc?
    Are there formal dept guidelines for students, schools, superintendetns apart from the document 'Guidelines_for_Schools_and_Superintendents'
    Any advice appreciated.
    R.

Assuming you have an exemption from the DARE scheme,it's your responsibility and I'm not sure.. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact Reasonable Accommodations in Athlone if you want extra information.
    The superintendent will know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭gruffler91

I used a word processor for my exams 2 years ago. I as the student was responsible for saving. The superintendent may give gentle reminders but best thing is to keep saving every few mins to avoid losing your work etc.

I did my exams in an office in the school so I would save the exam to a usb and the superintendent would print it in the office. Basically the printing was the superintendent's responsibility.

Any more Q's feel free to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

RoDa wrote: »
    Hi,

Any advice appreciated.
    R.

My sis did it last year, she just had to save it on an USB stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Don't get me wrong but what disability would force you to use Word? I'm just interested as I've heard different types of exams being done differently like Scribers, Tape etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

The reason why you would be granted Reasonable Accommodations can vary from reason to reason, I know people who are in this boat.

1] You need a scribe perhaps something as little as you've broken your arm or perhaps your dyslexic.
    2] You need a reader and have a spelling and grammar waver, you couldn't do this in a normal room.

But, the reason why you would use a word processor in these circumstances because you might have dyslexic or have some sort of co-ordination problems which would require you to use a word processor, or it could be something small, but theres various reasons why this occurs.

Advertisement