Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co Cavan - Lough Acanon - has anyone fished lately

Options
  • 21-05-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi There,

I used to fish this lake Lough Acanon in Co Cavan years ago.
    Link to lake here for ur info
    http://www.myfishmaps.com/intl-fishing-maps/Ireland/fishing-Water_Locations/Lake/Cavan/Lough_Acanon/

Has anyone fished it lately

Used to get a alot of fishing groups down from Dublin and even a regular few visitors from the continent, Germany etc.

Just wondering does it still have a good level of fish and that

Used to be great for Pike, Perch, Roach, Rudd and that.

Thanks for all the help and info,

Bren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

There's a road near by. ....so no it won't be fishing well for some time to come I'd imagine .
    It would have been hammered over the last ten years by eastern European anglers who would have killed everything they caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

The Pike Federation had a couple of competitions on it a couple of years ago and fishing was dire. 15/20 years ago it produced great catches of pike. 4/5 years ago NNs were seen several times netting it. I dont think that they were ever nabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bcullen050704

Cheers for info lads, sad to hear, i'll give it ago over the summer again, see how it goes. Netting on the lake, just criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

can we not publicise catches on a public forum? its just going to draw attention to the lake from poachers again. Use private messages if you want to share catch information.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Deleted,your dead right Frank wasnt even thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 jimmymcg

god help your innocence..I dont think it will make one bit of difference what catches are there to poachers.there are plenty of lakes /rivers and canals for them to hit. i say lets publicise it as much as possible to get ordinary decent anglers into the area. be not afraid of these so call poachers ( who are usually made up stories anyhow) . people have a bad days fishing and they blame it on poachers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

jimmymcg wrote: »
    god help your innocence..I dont think it will make one bit of difference what catches are there to poachers.there are plenty of lakes /rivers and canals for them to hit. i say lets publicise it as much as possible to get ordinary decent anglers into the area. be not afraid of these so call poachers ( who are usually made up stories anyhow) . people have a bad days fishing and they blame it on poachers .

having caught a few poachers in the past, I disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

jimmymcg wrote: »

Made up stories :eek: Your right, it probably wont make much of a differnece too poachers saying anthing on here but sure theres no point in assisting them or pointing them in the right direction either

Advertisement