Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classes

Options
  • 21-05-2013 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

I need some advice on classes... Few weeks off running so I'm wondering what's gonna be most beneficial for flexibility and core work? Pilates/yoga etc.. Never tried it before and have no idea how they differ! And I don't want to be the only male in the room either :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Have never done pilates, but have done yoga and found it great. If you're concerned about being the only bloke, then I would recommend ashtanga yoga. It's a fairly energetic form of yoga that seems to be quite popular with runners and men, increases your chance of some male company! It's also a fairly full-on workout - 1 hr of ashtanga and you'll have no problems sleeping that night.

I'd also say it's worth spending a bit of time investigating and making sure you get a good teacher - makes all the difference. I can recommend someone around the D7 area if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Two words: Rock climbing!

Fantastic sport, great fun, superb core and flexibility workout, and you are guaranteed to find males and females in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Two words: Rock climbing!

Fantastic sport, great fun, superb core and flexibility workout, and you are guaranteed to find males and females in equal measure.

Out door or indoor wall stuff? Where does one start? Sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I did one course of Pilates Ste and found it very good - would have gone back for more if it hadn't been for time pressures. There was one other guy doing it but that wasn't important to me - when the lights are dimmed and your eyes are closed, it doesn't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    I did one course of Pilates Ste and found it very good - would have gone back for more if it hadn't been for time pressures. There was one other guy doing it but that wasn't important to me - when the lights are dimmed and your eyes are closed, it doesn't make a difference.

There's a joke in there somewhere :D:D

Like the idea of rock climbing. Must have a look to see if it's available locally..

• Advertisement

Hi Steroo This site might help. Has some listing's relating to Pilates/yog etc
    http://classy.ie
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

martyboy48 wrote: »
    There's a joke in there somewhere :D:D

Like the idea of rock climbing. Must have a look to see if it's available locally..

Feck sake wait til after the marathon!

Advertisement