Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Positive image for a change.

Options
  • 21-05-2013 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

This got posted in the Photography forum last night. Thought it was worthy of linking to here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84712501&postcount=571

:)

It's nice to see a positive representation of us oulfolk rather then the feckin' rubber puppets they show on that money lending ad (Wonga) or the doddering oul couple that end up riding on the rollercoaster thats more the norm.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

OldGoat wrote: »
    This got posted in the Photography forum last night. Thought it was worthy of linking to here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84712501&postcount=571

:)

It's nice to see a positive representation of us oulfolk rather then the feckin' rubber puppets they show on that money lending ad (Wonga) or the doddering oul couple that end up riding on the rollercoaster thats more the norm.

Great shot but I have mixed feelings about public hand-holding. It's good to see it with "senior" people, particularly since, in their hayday, public expressions of emotion were to be stifled. Some seniors have abandoned that notion and are happy to display their committment. But, for me, this expression of life-long friendship is ruined by those grim-faced / embarrassed couples (gay and straight) whose expressions suggest they are expecting and prepared for someone to mock their hand-holding. They often appear to be actively seeking out potential attackers rather than celebrating their relationship!
    But the most cringeworthy hand-holding has to be the "accused", e.g. the shamed politician or celebrity, walking into court, hand welded to their unfortunate partner's hand. "Oh oh, there's a photographer. Quick! Grab my hand. See? I'm holding my partner's hand, therefore I am an inherently good and innocent person."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I have known two or three older couples who would regularly hold hands. Himself has an aversion to it so we don't. He's a dinosaur.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

We usually link arms but thats mostly because she's tottering around on 7" heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

We usually link arms but thats mostly because she's tottering around on 7" heels.

I think you should spell that as "we're" :D

I've yet to find a pair of 7" heels in a size 10.5 that I like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

youve got the legs for it OG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Still holding hands after all these years. My husband says I do it to make sure he doesn't make a run for it :D

I've yet to find a pair of 7" heels in a size 10.5 that I like.

I have a pair, still in their Aldi box. I won't need them for a while so you're welcome to borrow them, although you might need some woolley socks to fill them out. Perhaps fair isle socks because the shoes have a weally cute tartan motif and velcro ankle straps so they should go nicely with that pencil skirt and fishnets you've been saving......

Confessions after 10 o'clock mass, right?

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I have known two or three older couples who would regularly hold hands. Himself has an aversion to it so we don't. He's a dinosaur.

As a cool, hip and trendy dude, I wear 1970's style anoraks, selected according to the number and size of pockets and furriness of the hood. Whenever herself gets romantic and wants to hold hands in public, I generously permit it but our co-joined hands go into the most convenient anorak pocket, thereby eliminating embarrassing stares and keeping both hands warm. Win win!

^^^ A nice reminder to the halcyon days of my teenage romances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I hate having to agree with OG :D

But yes, sharing a pocket is a wonderful memory of bygone days of innocent romantic strolls. Thank you for reviving the memory BrensBenz. :)

Advertisement