Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My home recording rig (for newbies) Guitarist.

Options
  • 20-05-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought i'd post my rig in case anyone is trying to get things started at home, as i struggled for ages to get going!! I appreciate this is newbie stuff however i'm sure there are people out there wondering how to get started!

I'm a guitarist and use this for songwriting.
    • Laptop: Average 32bit dual core cpu 2.10ghz x2.
    • interface: Saphire 6 USB
    • recording: Reaper
    • Amp modeling: podfarm 2.5
    • Drums: EZDrummer lite
    • Midi Controller: cheapo miditech keyboard. (unused so far)
    My stack is now parked away until next jam as pod farm has been a godsend! I chose podfarm (standard version) after reading it was less CPU heavy than it's rivals. Endless fun for guitar and bass. cost €77.

EZDrummer lite came free with my midi controller which was approx €60 from thomann. Having great fun copying and pasting midi beats building up full drum tracks. Haven't used the miditech yet.

Reaper: i tried all the "trials" i could and wasn't happy until i found reaper. 30 days free, will purchase end of month then it's €60.

Anyway each to their own, i'm still getting the hang of everything, but so much new ground has opened up since i completed this!! Everything i possibly need on a little laptop!

Advertisement