Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full waste tank sensor

Options
  • 20-05-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    There's something up with how my MH senses the waste tank is full. Not permanently, but for long periods of time the red LED on the display panel blinks to tell me its full, when its not at all. Its intermittent, so its not like its a case of blinking constantly when its empty (i.e, the wires the wrong way around). It's not something I'm overly concerned about as we empty it regularly, and I don't have enough time to fully investigate why this is happening before we go on our big trip. My question is this: I can see where the 2 wires are connecting to contact points at the top of the waste tank. Is it ok to just disconnect one of these, wrap it in insulating tape, and leave hanging loose? Can't see how this would be a problem myself, but just thought I'd run it by you guys first
    thanks

Comments

As long as you can keep it dry I wouldn't worry about it when it's insulated. I'd have to meter it before I bury it for curiosity.

How does a full tank sensor operate? Is it a based on a float?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

As long as you can keep it dry I wouldn't worry about it when it's insulated. I'd have to meter it before I bury it for curiosity.

How does a full tank sensor operate? Is it a based on a float?

I'd imagine there's 2 metal probes inside the waste tank near the top, separated by a few inches. when the water reaches that level a circuit is completed.

I don't think water conducts (H²O) it's the stuff in the water usually that makes it conductive. Sounds like a strange way of doing things to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mrgriswold

Kelbal is right imo, the most common type of level sensor is conductivity probes. on ocassion moisture gets into the main housing completing the circut and giving a false read.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Sorry for hijacking the thread.....but we have the exact opposite problem (I am assuming that we are talking about the waste water and not toilet cassette).
    Out level indicator does not give a readout at all.......again not a show stopper by any means but it would be nice to get working if it is a simple fix

Any ideas?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Malta1 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread.....but we have the exact opposite problem (I am assuming that we are talking about the waste water and not toilet cassette).
    Out level indicator does not give a readout at all.......again not a show stopper by any means but it would be nice to get working if it is a simple fix

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mine doesn't have a readout as such, i.e, it doesn't tell you its half full. I just get a flashing LED to say its full (well, thats what it should be doing). So there mightn't be a problem with yours, maybe it just isn't full enough to give a warning?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Mine has a scale on the "conrol panel" v similar to the Battery voltage meter to indicate how much fresh and waste water......Fresh water works fine, waste doesnt work at all.......even when its full

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Mine has a scale on the "conrol panel" v similar to the Battery voltage meter to indicate how much fresh and waste water......Fresh water works fine, waste doesnt work at all.......even when its full

Same here. can't even find the dam thing to take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

The gauges give bother to be honest. Check that the 4/5 sensors on the side of the tank are all still plugged on, and not corroded.

Advertisement