Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing Biomedical scinence/ Human health/ Pharmacy whilst preparing for the HPAT?

Options
  • 20-05-2013 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Well as the title suggests, I am just wondering if anyone here is preparing for the HPAT whilst doing these courses in particular or any other courses?
    This may be an option for me if I don't get Medicine this year so I am just curious.
    If so, What are the hours of these courses like, can you dedicate much time to the HPAT? Do ye form HPAT study groups?
    And lastly, if anyone has an input as to why this would or wouldn't be a good idea please feel free to say.
    I just want to make sure that my CAO form is in the order that would be the best option for me.
    I know that It depends on the leaving cert, but if I got one of these courses, it would be over 550 anyway. Just hard to justify a whole load of study again for 10 LC points! But my opinion on this matter changes daily. Oh yeah, just to say about me, I didn't do T.Y and I am only 17! So repeating wouldn't be so bad in that respect but no matter how old you are, repeating would be exhausting.
    I will however do whatever it takes to get Medicine. I was considering taking the UKCAT over the summer and if i were to repeat, apply to the UK too.

Advertisement