Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time employee

Options
  • 20-05-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I have a major gripe with the current system of unemployment benefit paid to part time workers. I currently work 4 days a week, on average 4 hours a day, at the basic wage. Which relates to 16 hours a week.
    Due to the fact that I work 4 days I am not entitled to any unemployment benefit.

Lets look at another scenario, another person works 3 days a week, at €18 per hour, 8 hours a day, and they CAN claim unemployment benefit, just because they only work 3 days, despite having more hours and better pay than myself above!!

Can anyone explain the logic in this as it seems just totally unjust.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You need to post in the politics forum.This forum deals with how to rather than why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement