Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Regulations

Options
  • 20-05-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi everyone, I've searched high and low for grant regulations that makes sense to me. In the Academic year 2011/12 I got the full non adjacent grant, and studied for a year in UL. It was only a level 6 and I didn't go back to finish the second year of it, not what I wanted to do.

When I went for the FETAC, I didnt get the grant on the basis that I had already got the full grant the year before, and the level I completed this year was a Level 5. However this year (2013/14) I hope to go into a level 8 to start another degree. Am I eligible for the grant this year, even though a first year in university has already been paid for? My guidance counsellors in College weren't even too sure.... They seem to think I'll get it because I'm "progressing to a higher level"

Anyone have any idea if I'll qualify?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My guess (and it is an informed guess) would be probably yes but obviously it depends on the new criteria which have only just been published in the last day or two

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement