Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fraud

Options
  • 20-05-2013 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Just off the phone a while ago with visa and they say my account has being frauded .....

The woman in visa was lovely but she got on the case right away

Could any of the boi guys tell me what happens from here or should i expect to see me money again ? Over 6k gone :(

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime,

We are very sorry to hear that you are a victim of Fraud.

We cannot comment on individual cases as our fraud department will investigate fully how it may have occurred on your particular account. If it is a credit card, please call Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251. If it is a Visa Debit card, please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365. Our Fraud department operate between 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday.

We hope this will be resolved quickly and easily for you but please call either Credit Card Services or Banking 365 for an update.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

We are very sorry to hear that you are a victim of Fraud.

We cannot comment on individual cases as our fraud department will investigate fully how it may have occurred on your particular account. If it is a credit card, please call Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251. If it is a Visa Debit card, please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365. Our Fraud department operate between 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday.

We hope this will be resolved quickly and easily for you but please call either Credit Card Services or Banking 365 for an update.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi linda ,

Thanks for the reply. It was indeed a debit card, i was contacted by visa themselves about it. Im just curious to how these would proceed normally or usually how long would it take to see my money again from my account.

I have no card as the guys cancelled it off straight away so a bit stuck and cant get to a branch cos im working. The guys already did my fraud files to send over but didnt go over all transactions with me but im just wondering what happens next type thing ? If thats ok

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi,

As advised above we cannot comment here. I do understand your frustration but it's different from case to case. Please call Banking 365 on the number above and request to speak to our fraud department directly, they can provide information on your particular situation.

Hopefully you will have your replacement card soon and Banking 365 can advise of when you should expect it.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi,

As advised above we cannot comment here. I do understand your frustration but it's different from case to case. Please call Banking 365 on the number above and request to speak to our fraud department directly, they can provide information on your particular situation.

Hopefully you will have your replacement card soon and Banking 365 can advise of when you should expect it.

Thanks
    Linda

Thats no problem linda i do understand exactly what you mean.

Thanks for the replies !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rainbows_end

Went through the same situation few days ago.
    I have been assured by visa debit security team that their fraud protection team will investigate the transactions on my card and revert . some of my friends are telling that I must also contact guarda and need to file a report with them. Some have even told that unless i make a complaint with guarda I will not get the money back. Please share your thoughts whether it is necessary to file a complaint with the guarda and what my next steps should be
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Went through the same situation few days ago.
    I have been assured by visa debit security team that their fraud protection team will investigate the transactions on my card and revert . some of my friends are telling that I must also contact guarda and need to file a report with them. Some have even told that unless i make a complaint with guarda I will not get the money back. Please share your thoughts whether it is necessary to file a complaint with the guarda and what my next steps should be
    Thanks
    Hi rainbows_end,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

We are sorry to hear you have been the victim of fraud.  If your card was lost or stolen you would have to report it to the Gardaí, if your card was used online there is no need as our security team will look after this on your behalf.

Thanks 

Seán

Lads, im jetting off on monday and still nothing back in my account

Last week a guy told me Id definitely have it back for monday and Monday told id have it back in time but still nothing.

Whats craic like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

We understand your frustration and appreciate that you are anxious to have this issue resolved.
    As previously mentioned, we cannot comment on individual cases here as we do not have account access in this department.
    Please call Banking 365 on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to check the status of this for you.

We hope this issued is resolved before your trip on Monday.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks,

PaulaC

Advertisement