Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Beat complaint(s)

Options
  • 20-05-2013 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭

I know this is old and tired and people are probably fed up to the back teeth listening to whingers.

How do you ride out a really bad run? I've been on a horror run for about three weeks now where I cannot win a hand to save my life.Flopping sets, ace high flushes, full houses and even quads on two occasions have failed to win a pot.

I'm down over three grand in three weeks and have gone from a winning player to having lost my entire bankroll.

What are you supposed to do when every hand you play costs you money no matter what you do?

No amount of books will ever prepare you for a run that will decimate your bankroll.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

move down a level, grin and bear it.

or take a few weeks off poker
    I'm down over three grand in three weeks and have gone from a winning player to having lost my entire bankroll.
    if this is the case then practice strict bankroll management, time management and be disciplined.

everyplayer goes through this every few thousand hands. it happens, its part of the game. keep playing solid poker and it will eventually pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Another opponent hits a 12\1 shot on the river. I've had enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

lol, 12/1.

you know the /1 part means it has to actually happen sometimes. you can't just enjoy the 12/ parts all the time you know. Like I said, take a break, or ride it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Id say re visit your bankroll options and the games you play eg: cash or tourny and what % of bankroll your playing with-

ye the bad beats are hard, but if you re analyse game did you make right moves/ value/ bets and if so as stated grin and bear it take a break as youve prob gone on tilt without noticing it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Like the advise already given your bankroll management needs serious addressing, no downswing should ever have the affect you have described.

Do you use any tracking software, if not invest, it will pay for itself, and after every session analyse your play, you may have some very fundamental leaks that you are not aware of.

Other than that its just variance, I had a similar downswing three months ago and I took 6 weeks away from the game, started back a few weeks ago and the graph is going in the right direction again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Examples of tracking software???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Deco99 wrote: »
    Examples of tracking software???

poker tracker and holdem manager are the two most popular, I use Pokertracker myslef as it is compatible for Omaho hilo whjich is what I almost exclusively play.

Advertisement