Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hedging to plant ?

Options
  • 20-05-2013 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi there just looking for some reccomendations for hedging mostly for privacy . Its a front garden wall with railings and I would like the hedging to grow up around the railings for privacy . I would like something that stays green all year round , that I can trim the top in to a nice shape and something that will grow quick enough . can anyone give me a name and where to buy please , Also when is the best time to plant , thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

imo the best time to plant is winter and bareroot plants.

I put in a golden privit hedge in that sinario snd it looked lovely, although here in mayo privit is no longer semi evergreen.

future forests stock is of a high quality.

http://www.futureforests.net/#

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

imo the best time to plant is winter and bareroot plants.

I put in a golden privit hedge in that sinario and it looked lovely, although here in mayo privit is no longer semi evergreen.

future forests stock is of a high quality.

http://www.futureforests.net/#

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lagoona Blue

Hi thanks for your advice . I'd had a look at the one you suggested and think i will go with that :) Even though winter is the best time to plant what would happen if I planted in June ? Also what do people think of the ready hedging ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hi thanks for your advice . I'd had a look at the one you suggested and think i will go with that :) Even though winter is the best time to plant what would happen if I planted in June ? Also what do people think of the ready hedging ?

Ready hedging is ok and its just that...a ready instant hedge.

But you will pay more money for it.;)

If you go to Bloom this weekend,you will see it on display and on sale there.

www.hedges.ie (aka PJ Larkins) is a very good stocks of bareroot and rootball hedges and trees.

http://www.hedges.ie/specialoffers.html

We have bought from them before (bareroot hornbeam) and both quality and service was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

A realtive of mine needed an instant hedge for privacy and he bought some large laurels from a garden centre. They look great and it gives great privacy from the houses on the other side of his house. He just trims them to the size he wants and they look a lot better than a bare fence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement