Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How/Where do I receive stamps (JSA) payment ??

Options
  • 20-05-2013 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

As above signed back on last Tuesday, sent in the letter with all my employers details the same day any idea how/when/where I recieve the payment ?? Will i get a cheque, will they call me, will i get a letter ?? Anyone...?? Need to pay tax and rent asap ?? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Jobseekers Allowance is paid when you do not have sufficient contributions (or stamps as you refer to them). Jobseekers Benefit is paid when you have sufficient contributions. If it is Jobseekers Benefit you have applied for, it comes through far quicker than Jobseekers Benefit as a means test does not have to be conducted. With both payments you will get a letter from the Dept of Social Protection and then collect your money from the Post Office. You will have nominated which Post Office you wish your payment to be sent to when you were making your application. You are also entitled to make a claim for Supplementary Welfare Allowance while you are waiting for the Jobseekers payments to come through. Information here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/supplementary_welfare_allow.html

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭abcdef1

I dont know what payment im receiving to be honest...I was on JA before this then went off it and did a FÁS course then last week went back to sign on she gave a load of slips with dates to be sent away each week and to mark each day a work with an O and each day i didnt work with an X and a paper for my employer to sign sent a way 3 slips for last 3 weeks and the paper form employer away last tuesday and dont know where I stand at this point ?? Sending another slip away tomorrow ?? Also just incase you may be thinking "O maybe hes worked to much...." that couldnt be the case as I have only had one working day in last four weeks !!! :( Any idea how will i find out what the story is...........................???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

abcdef1 wrote: »
    I dont know what payment im receiving to be honest...I was on JA before this then went off it and did a FÁS course then last week went back to sign on she gave a load of slips with dates to be sent away each week and to mark each day a work with an O and each day i didnt work with an X and a paper for my employer to sign sent a way 3 slips for last 3 weeks and the paper form employer away last tuesday and dont know where I stand at this point ?? Sending another slip away tomorrow ?? Also just incase you may be thinking "O maybe hes worked to much...." that couldnt be the case as I have only had one working day in last four weeks !!! :( Any idea how will i find out what the story is...........................???

Sorry, my mistake, I didn't read your post carefully enough to realise that you were on Xs and Os.

Advertisement