Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fetac level 6 childcare

Options
  • 19-05-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me with the child development exam in the fetac level 6 childcare course? I am just wondering if anyone has done this recently any tips on what to study? any sample questions?

I am doing the exam soon and am studying online so don't really know what to study etc

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

I've done the exam, the thing is I'm not sure is it set by the school or if FETAC designed it.

If you want PM me your email, I'll pass along the questions (and answers if I get a chance), it'll be a day or two until I get near a scanner though.

Best I can offer

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jessiquea!

I went from fetac 5 into fetac 6 then straight into second year in Mary I into Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) best thing I ever did! Good luck! X

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lynyg18

Jessiquea! wrote: »
    I went from fetac 5 into fetac 6 then straight into second year in Mary I into Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) best thing I ever did! Good luck! X

Just wondering where is this mary i? And how did u go into second year? Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

lynyg18 wrote: »
    Just wondering where is this mary i? And how did u go into second year? Thanks

http://www.mic.ul.ie/Pages/default.aspx
    Mary Immaculate College is in Limerick.

Special entry into the BA in Early Childhood Care and Education:
    Special entry Route Year One: http://www.mic.ul.ie/education/Documents/EntryRoutes1.pdf(.pdf file)

Special entry Route Year Two:
    http://www.mic.ul.ie/education/Documents/EntryRoutes2.pdf (.pdf file)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kjdoyle

Hi lynyg18

I'm in the same boat as you now and just wondering if you had a reply regarding what to study for the Level 6 Child Dev exam?

Thanks for any advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kjdoyle

Any advice or help from anyone regarding the Level 6 Child Development exam would be most welcome .
    kjdoyle wrote: »
    Hi lynyg18

I'm in the same boat as you now and just wondering if you had a reply regarding what to study for the Level 6 Child Dev exam?

Thanks for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yellowfrog

hi, just wondering how you found the course and the exams? am just 2 weeks into level 6, did you find it good/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aoife16

hi, started the level 6 in September and i'm struggling through it. finishing my first (early learning environment) and second (Team Leadership) module this week. Has anyone else found it very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ashsummers

Just wondering if anyone has completed the course or has any idea of how long roughy it takes to complete?

i did the chevron, you are totally left to your own devices, i felt in over my head, so i gave up, am hoping to start a different one at easter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

Do it through a VEC college, 1 year and best route IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alpaca

Hi, I thinking of starting this course with Chevron and was going pay in full to get discount. I was just wondering what difficulties you found with them? Did you get a refund when you stopped doing the course? Thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Alpaca

yellowfrog wrote: »
    i did the chevron, you are totally left to your own devices, i felt in over my head, so i gave up, am hoping to start a different one at easter

Hi, I thinking of starting this course with Chevron and was going pay in full to get discount. I was just wondering what difficulties you found with them? Did you get a refund when you stopped doing the course? Thanks for letting me know.

i found it hard to grasp what exactly i was meant to be doing, the only educational input you get is if you ask a question. i paid per month so no need for refund. when i cancelled they didnt even contact me even though i sent a long email expressing my dissatisfaction with their method

has anyone done this on line course? fetac level 5? and wondering how you found it?

has anyone done the level 6 fetac early childhood education course in dorset street? how did you find it. i want to do part time

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shauna17

hi guys dont know if this thread is still going im just wondering i am currently doing level six and doing the curriculum assignment and have no idea where i keep going wrong:( just wondering can anyone send some pointers please:confused::confused:

Advertisement