Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAP 1

Options
  • 19-05-2013 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm seriously thinking about studying for part of CAP 1(with the institute) in September. I'm just wondering how long people who have done the modules before think you need to study for them?
    Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Finance it seems to recommend 1 week each? And for Taxation and Law it recommends 2.5 days....(which doesn't seem like a lot considering there seems to be quite a lot of books for these subjects)

I'm just curious to know if it would be realistic to take financial Accounting, Taxation and Law with only 3 weeks study??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Have you done accountancy before?

Those time frames you quoted are the recommended study leave which should be taken before you sit your exams. On top of that, there is around 16 lectures per full topic (MA, FA and Finance), and around half that for the half topics (tax and law). The lectures are usually 2 hours each. And then, there's assessments for Financial Accounting (not sure about Tax or Law as I was exempt from them). Assessments are usually a few months into the course.

In short, if your new to the subjects, you're not very likely to pass with three weeks study. If you've done some before at uni or whatnot, you could probably blag it through!

Advertisement