Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can't pair up Bluetooth phone to ALDI Car Radio

Options
  • 19-05-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

Hi - sorry if this wrong group to post (but feel free to move it mods if u wish) - I bought a New Car Radio out of ALDI today (19thMay2013) its a Maxtek (Tevion?) 53712 Bluetooth car radio Cd player. Well i have tried me damndest and i cannot get it to pair up with either a Nokia or an iphone 4s by bluetooth (wonder if I got a faulty one?) - I have long pressed the band button and 'pairing' comes up on the screen (but it stays steady and the book indicates it should blink the word 'pairing') and then i put find bluetooth device on the phone and it says no bluetooth devices found! - any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kevk2013

Hi
    Absolutely no consolation, but I have exactly the same problem! Just cannot get it to pair with iPhone 4s and is doing the same as yours. 'Pairing' comes up on the screen but not flashing. Oh, and the little yellow bluetooth sign and phone loght at right hand side of display are on as well.

kevk2013 wrote: »
    Hi
    Absolutely no consolation, but I have exactly the same problem! Just cannot get it to pair with iPhone 4s and is doing the same as yours. 'Pairing' comes up on the screen but not flashing. Oh, and the little yellow bluetooth sign and phone loght at right hand side of display are on as well.
    Iphones can only be pared with bluetooth headsets I think. Maybe the radio is not being represented as a headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Great spec (on paper) for the stereo, was gonna pick one up tomorrow to put in my Octavia as it's radio is dead.

Pity, may still invest

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Iphones can only be pared with bluetooth headsets I think. Maybe the radio is not being represented as a headset.

I once paired an iPhone with a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth car kit, I was selling the car at the time so it was a bonus to show the prospective buyer that his iPhone would work with the car kit and it did. He bought the car.

coylemj wrote: »
    I once paired an iPhone with a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth car kit, I was selling the car at the time so it was a bonus to show the prospective buyer that his iPhone would work with the car kit and it did. He bought the car.
    It was probably being represented as a headset. What I mean is you cannot connect an iphone to a device to send data over a bluetooth connection (unless it has changed since I last check a few years ago).

• Advertisement

Don't see why it shouldn't pair with the iPhone. In my other van I have a Kenwood stereo with Bluetooth & it works just fine - handsfree no problem with that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

I have a different aldi radio and it won't pair with my 4s either :/
    My ohone does however connect to my bluetooth speaker, so don't know what theproblem is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

It seems from this page that you start the pairing from the phone !! Usually the other way round but give it a try.
    http://www.quesh.co.uk/Maxtek_Products/53712_Car_CD_MP3_Bluetooth_Stereo

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It was probably being represented as a headset. What I mean is you cannot connect an iphone to a device to send data over a bluetooth connection (unless it has changed since I last check a few years ago).

Since the OP mentioned that he had tried to pair a Nokia and an iPhone, I assumed he just wanted to use Bluetooth to make and receive phone calls, not to send music to the car radio.

Agree with your view that the iPhone will only pair with a Bluetooth headset, I have an iTouch and it refuses to pair with anything other than a headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭TheChizler

My iphone 4 will pair with the lidl silvercrest car radio all right, phone calls and music play through it no problem. Can dial from the radio and incoming call phone numbers appear on the radio screen. Doesn't always automatically pair though which I've heard is a problem with iPhones.

• Advertisement

I have just spoken to 'Quesh' who are the distributor for the radio (these are the Support people at the end of the phone on the number on the Instructions) and they have told me to take it back to the store as it should work given that I have followed all of the instructions properly!
    Seems a bit odd that a couple of us have the same problem, so I'll try once more before taking it back. In the meantme if anyone has any success, let us know :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ive spent ages out there yesterday trying both ways with a Nokia and an iPhone 4s which had no problem pairing with a Lidl Silvercrest bluetooth radio in the past and a pioneer bluetooth radio, searching with the phone first for devices = 'no bluetooth device found - then long press on Band button, pairing came up on screen and just stayed there solid and not blinking and yellow bluetoth symbol flashing and then tried again searching and agin the nokia said 'no bluetooth devices found' and both phones were in discover to all mode in let other devices find the phone mode. Didnt even manage to get to the part where you put in 0000 as the password.

No, i admitted defeat and reserved myself to the fact that I was doing everything right but the car radio is faulty or something, maybe a bug in the software/firmware maybe and i shouldnt think every car radio is quality tested these days before it gets shipped out. Shame because the rest of the car radio looked pretty good.

Well, I took it back to Aldi & exchanged it for another unit. Plugged the new one in and it worked straight away. Paired up no problem so obviously a fault with the original unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

wife took it back today to ALDI and they gave her refund no quibbles - definitely was something up with it, quesh technical support said the word 'pairing' was supposed to flash when finding a bluetooth device. Might keep me eye out now for a cheap second-hand Kenwood car stereo with bluetooth off ebay. had kenwood radio before, they are pretty good units.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 poldenais

Hi Guys, I just bought this last night in the local aldi store as the radio in my own toyota yaris isnt working and the spec looked really good. Is it hard to install ? I have the broken radio out of the car now. Im guessing I need to buy a harness adapter but i was wondering what the cables do,,,it says they are universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

i installed one of the aldi sterios in my van and it paired off with my samsung s2 no probs the only thing i will say is that the mic. when im talking isnt very good .people have told me they cant hear me very well or that i sound as if im under water .
    incoming calls are clear as .now i hav,nt really looked into trying to solve the mic issue but anyone else have this ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

poldenais wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I just bought this last night in the local aldi store as the radio in my own toyota yaris isnt working and the spec looked really good. Is it hard to install ? I have the broken radio out of the car now. Im guessing I need to buy a harness adapter but i was wondering what the cables do,,,it says they are universal.

If the wiring plugs which fit into the yaris radio won't fit the New One you'll probably need a special adapter harness. The New radio has a universal ISO type socket.

Halfords should have an adaptor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

i installed one of the aldi sterios in my van and it paired off with my samsung s2 no probs the only thing i will say is that the mic. when im talking isnt very good .people have told me they cant hear me very well or that i sound as if im under water .
    incoming calls are clear as .now i hav,nt really looked into trying to solve the mic issue but anyone else have this ?

The problem is that the Mic is built in to the radio and not an external unit. It's not ideal as is likely to pick up a lot of Vehicle noise

Apart from that they seem like a good radio.
    Can't go wrong with a 3 year warranty either!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dukelamonty

Hi Kevk, I bought one of these about 2 months ago. No problems pairing up. It was an Android phone but I don't know if that makes any difference. Anyway, it worked fine ..... provided the engine wasn't on. Once the engine went on, it was close to impossible to make out what was being said. My wife in the car could hear me fine. I just couldn't hear her. Every so often it became clear'ish for a moment but then it went back to sounding like she had a severe case of high-pitched larangitis and I just could not make out what she was saying. Once the engine went off, it was crystal clear again. Have you had any problems with the sound quality for the caller who is not in the car? Thanks, Peter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 iano_b

i recently bought a MaxTex car stereo and for some rsason it wont play any albums from my samsung phone v the USB cable.but it will play from bluetooth and the AUX imput.Has anybody got any idea why it wont play from the USB

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

iano_b wrote: »
    i recently bought a MaxTex car stereo and for some rsason it wont play any albums from my samsung phone v the USB cable.but it will play from bluetooth and the AUX imput.Has anybody got any idea why it wont play from the USB

I'd imagine it looks for a certain file/folder system to be there, it may not be designed to work that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's the Maxtex from Aldi today yeah?
    As colm said it's probably expecting a USB stick and not a phone if you use USB.
    Try moving the songs on the SD card away from some music folder onto the root of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 iano_b

biko wrote: »
    It's the Maxtex from Aldi today yeah?
    As colm said it's probably expecting a USB stick and not a phone if you use USB.
    Try moving the songs on the SD card away from some music folder onto the root of the card.
    Tks ill try that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Got the last one of these in my local Aldi for a friend(who happens to be over the other side of the country) and there was no ISO cables in it.
    Can anybody tell me if the cables are standard or specific to this unit only.
    Cant hold for Aldi support and there is no point going back to the store without the unit in hand.

Thanks for any info.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

Unless your iPhone is jailbroken it won't pair with anything but Bluetooth head sets they iPhone knows not to pair up with audio output devices as that means shareing tunes and we all know apple are greedy bastarbs !!! Jailbreak the iPhone it opens up a world or wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

iano_b wrote: »
    Tks ill try that
    So how did it go? In case someone else asks.

Advertisement