Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMAWinelake blog closes

Options
  • 19-05-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭

NAMAWinelake blog has made a farewell post today:
    Well that day has finally arrived. After 3.5 years and 2,700 blogposts, this is the final NAMA wine lake blogpost. I truly regret that I can’t continue something that has become more than full-time and has stopped me leading anything like a normal life.

There was going to be a much longer farewell blogpost but that is not to be, though I will include the already-drafted section on NAMA itself below*

The 2,700 blogposts will remain online – from emigration to bank-controlled hotels to political pay/perks and centrally of course, NAMA, there are thousands of hours of original research on these pages, some not available elsewhere. Commenting has now been closed, but the body of nearly 20,000 comments will remain. The jagdipsingh2008 email address will be permanently closed on Sunday next and will have the digital equivalent of concrete poured over it, so the thousands of messages received on here in confidence will forever remain confidential. The Twitter feed has now ceased.

To the audience, thank you for visiting and I hope the blog delivered what it said on the tin – to be provocative, engaging and contain real information. To commenters, you have added a wealth of knowledge, opinion, humour and links which has dwarfed the utility of the blog otherwise. To those who contacted the blog in confidence, your information and insight/opinions have extended what was the offering otherwise Thank you all.

Sin a bhfuil.

Major loss to the economically obsessed, particularly to those NAMA-obsessed, and interesting to see that their final judgement on the question "how's NAMA doing" is "can't really tell".

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

Really disappointing, it was one of the best sites of it's kind and always very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

markpb wrote: »
    Really disappointing, it was one of the best sites of it's kind and always very informative.

Did we ever find out who was behind the blog?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭markpb

censuspro wrote: »
    Did we ever find out who was behind the blog?

You mean it's not Mr. Jagdip Singh of 105 Talbot St? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Probably another one that should have been singled out as an exception to the "poor quality of irish economic journalism" thread

Seems like a bit of a premature end to the blog. I wonder why they closed it.

I'm not sure that this part even matters, but best guess I've seen made as to the identity of the namawinelake blogger was someone in the Paddy McKillen camp.

Advertisement