Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finance cheques

Options
  • 19-05-2013 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello There ; 

My friend got  a cheque from some international company 1200000 Euro , and he is working in Egypt , but the cheque issued from Bank of Ireland  
    He want to know how to finance it and where , because he could`t get Ireland now , and how he can make sure is the cheque is valid or not , we have photo of that cheque 
    please ewe want to get help from you 
    my email is 

<SNIP>

Mod Note: Please do not post personal information

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Hello There ; 

My friend got  a cheque from some international company 1200000 Euro , and he is working in Egypt , but the cheque issued from Bank of Ireland  
    He want to know how to finance it and where , because he could`t get Ireland now , and how he can make sure is the cheque is valid or not , we have photo of that cheque 
    please ewe want to get help from you 
    my email is 

Hi, you should really remove the personal information in your 1st post.

And if its a legit check, his account holding bank in Egypt should be able to cash it after verifications. 

I have cashed BOI checks in Sweden and Finland without any problems, it just takes some time, last one took ab. 4 weeks to clear.

As the amount of the check is huge, and if the check is real there is propably more checkpoints in place for money laundering and taxation purposes.

But lets wait the BOI official rep.answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi the.engineer,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As finnteme correctly mentioned, the cheque would need to be lodged through your friend's bank who would then present it to us through the Irish Banking Cheque Clearing System. This is the only way the cheque can be authenticated as we cannot do this from a copy of a cheque. The cheque would take a few weeks to be cleared, the foreign bank can advise your friend of the time frame when they lodge it.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement