Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a nice deodorant

Options
  • 19-05-2013 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

looking for a nice roll on deodorant, price isn't an issue. I hate lynx btw.

men's deodorant.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dove, the aqua blue one (don't know the name)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The Loreal men expert range is what I've been using for the last number of years and will continue to do so.

All barring one smell really nice,they last all day and they also have a line that doesn't leave any residue on shirts etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Dove, the aqua blue one (don't know the name)

Dove + grey can is nice too, not over powering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

any really nice expensive ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Mitchum is the best on the market. I've tried pretty much all the others. Mitchum gets my vote by a long way.

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    Mitchum is the best on the market. I've tried pretty much all the others. Mitchum gets my vote by a long way.

what do you mean by the best? i want 1 that smells really nice not one that's great for not making you sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Had one of the gillette range recently and it was very good I must say - smelled nice and fresh and did the job as an anti-persperant

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Anti-perspirant stops you seating (some argue that it's not a good thing)
    Deodorant stops you smelling but allows you to sweat.

It's androgynous/unisex but I currently use the MooGoo roll on. Very mildly scented (if at all). Just wear aftershave for a nice scent when required.
    I have used Sukin deodorant spray before but that's impossible to get in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

As a woman I hate the smell of Lynx! It makes me feel sick.
    I love the smell of Davidoff (The Game).....it's not cheap, it costs about 18 euro for the deodorant stick in Debenhams. You could try the Davidoff "Adventure" deodorant, it's more expensive (about a euro more than the game), but personally I don't smell the difference. They do a champion energy deodorant too (again more expensive)......but I have never bought that for my husband.
    Davidoff also do a body and hair gel/shampoo. I adore that smell! It costs about 23 euro but he smells so good...wink...wink!!

As an aside if you are a homeless student can you really afford these luxuries? Things were different when I was a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

DazMarz wrote: »

Agreed. I use the odourless one and then use eau de toilette or summit for smells.

• Advertisement

Aineoil wrote: »
    As a woman I hate the smell of Lynx! It makes me feel sick.
    I love the smell of Davidoff (The Game).....it's not cheap, it costs about 18 euro for the deodorant stick in Debenhams. You could try the Davidoff "Adventure" deodorant, it's more expensive (about a euro more than the game), but personally I don't smell the difference. They do a champion energy deodorant too (again more expensive)......but I have never bought that for my husband.
    Davidoff also do a body and hair gel/shampoo. I adore that smell! It costs about 23 euro but he smells so good...wink...wink!!

As an aside if you are a homeless student can you really afford these luxuries? Things were different when I was a student.

you work for davidoff dont ya ha

i like my luxuries:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

unscented mitchum + whatever aftershave /cologne I feel like on the day.

Started doing this about 6 month ago and think its a real winner and cheaper too.

GreeBo wrote: »
    unscented mitchum + whatever aftershave /cologne I feel like on the day.

Started doing this about 6 month ago and think its a real winner and cheaper too.

where do you buy it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The black Loreal for me can is amazing. Its fresh smelling and smells masculine.

where do you buy it?

the mitchum?
    Any supermarket or chemist should have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

what do you mean by the best? i want 1 that smells really nice not one that's great for not making you sweat.

It combines the two. The Ice Fresh one has a lovely, fresh scent. It is also top notch as an antiperspirant. You can pick Mitchum up in any decent supermarket or in a chemist.

Mitchum is often in amongst the womens products in supermarkets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

+1 for Loreal, their roll-ons have bigger balls (hhhehehehe) so you don't scrape your pits with the edges of the small ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,780 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I suppose as a latch on to this thread. Ive come to the conclusion that Anti Perspirants are making me sweat more on my light walk to work in the morning. Im thinking of giving them up and going back to deodorants. Anyone else experience this ?

seachto7 wrote: »
    Mitchum is often in amongst the womens products in supermarkets

I've occasionally used the "womens" unfragranced one...tbh not sure what the difference is...

I have found in the past the some anti-perspirants dont work at all for me, in fact make it worse. Sure is one that does nothing for me.

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    I've occasionally used the "womens" unfragranced one...tbh not sure what the difference is...

That's the one I get as well, hence checking the women's section...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

imurdaddy wrote: »
    Dove + grey can is nice too, not over powering.

+1 on this, nice mild clean fragrance.

Advertisement