Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadban

Options
  • 19-05-2013 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Has anyone switched to Sky broadband in Kilkenny from UPC. I don't want to watch much on it just use it to surf the net and emails. I'd watch Netflix occasionally on it but not much more. I was wondering is it as fast as UPC

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

femur61,

Sky Broadband uses the exact same equipment as Eircom, Vodafone, UTV etc....your phone line, in order to provide you with Broadband. As such it'll only give you the same speeds as eircom quote you.

Price wise its a pretty competitive service and fact its unlimited is a big plus over the likes of eircom. It however can't compare to UPC's 50MB, 100MB or 150MB packages.

I switched in Feb from UTV 7MB's package to Sky and get around 14MB for 15e less a month so I'm pretty happy.

Advertisement