Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iPad, need something like iPro Recorder. Suggestions please

Options
  • 19-05-2013 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all

I've just bought an iPad 2 to use for work (I'm a musician & music teacher)

I've had the iPro recorder on all my iPhones for years & adored it - I was really sad to hear the company went out of business.

Can anyone recommend an alternative with similar functionality?

Mixed quality recordings (voice memos don't need the same as recorded music)
    Distance recording quality (iPro was great for this, no accessories needed)
    Bookmarks
    Tags
    Edit
    Upload
    Organise into folders
    Email out to others
    Decent easy sync with other IOS devices & laptop (win 7 & 8)

I've been looking at the offerings on the App Store but can't settle on any - have tested a few. Luckily, I still have the iPro on my 4S & 3GS (now a glorified iPod with backing tracks!!)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Can you not just log into your itunes account on the ipad and download from your purchased apps section?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dolce

Hi goz83

Unfortunately, it's not actually there! I know I can get it onto the iPad but when I opened the app on my iPhone 4S last week, all my recordings were gone.

Thankfully, I had recently transferred them onto my laptop (i copied them as I'd been doing for years so it shouldn't have deleted iPhone copy).

I don't want to spend time worrying that it might happen again & am a little nervous of staying with a App that is no longer supported in App Store etc.. Feel really sorry for BIAS as it was excellent.

We use the recordings to help chart progress, learn new stuff (a lot of my students learn by ear rather than reading music) & I used to record the melody for them & send it to them by email.

(I also meant markers rather than bookmarks in original post!)

Advertisement