Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FX-8350 Cooler

• 18-05-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

as above I'm on the look out for a nice air cooler for my 8350,I don't want water cooler(yet). I have the Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 mobo and use all 4 Ram slots. I also need to have room at the back of the mobo for the thermalright HR-09S mosfet cooler (http://www.scan.co.uk/products/thermalright-hr-09s-mosfet-heatpipe-cooler-%28type2%29)
    I was looking at either a Noctua cooler or a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 2 cooler.
    does anyone have any experience with these coolers or has a 8350 with aftermarket coolers? or any advice on aftermarket coolers? BTW I will be clocking this processor:p

thanks!
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The Noctua NH D14 is still hands down the best air cooler in terms of noise/performance.

What's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭robdsherlock

€90 inc delivery.

ya was looking at them and was thinking they were the best reading the reviews about them but know nothing about the other's.

just ordered the Noctua NH-D14 from computerpartsireland.com for a good price of €83 delivered.

going by the reviews, I wont be dissapointed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's a little cheaper on amazon but no harm. Should be looking at 5ghz at least with good temps.

I hope your ram is low profile or you might have clearance issues.

ya there low and the heat sinks dont go above the actual pcb on the Ram, so should be ok. had a look at the dimensions of the cooler and should be just fine :D

Cant wait to start winding up the clock and see how she goes! have everything I need to start it, never done it before properly tho, only multiplier, so will have to read up on a good few guides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 LKTechGuy

This is the cooler I have in my build (Zalman CNPS12X).

Idles at around 20 degrees and doesn't go above 30 with normal usage with the 3 fans on it off through the use of my fan controller. I would have gone with the Noctua but it wouldn't have fit in my case and I think this looks ten times cooler, it's like something out of a sci-fi film.

dont like the look of them coolers, but the temps do sound good!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 LKTechGuy

That's just at stock speeds though, I haven't tried overclocking yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i like this thread OP i ve the same mobo and cpu as you ill be watching :pac:

this thread

thanks!

I will try keep this updated so on the over clock and performance of the cooler in case other people are interested in upgrading, tho its worth noting the cooler isin't exactly beautiful looking lol but, I think the color scheme might just work with the sabertooth color scheme...

also might invest in a noctua fan for the rear to complement the cooler, we'll see how it goes first. checked the status on cpi, order is still pending..:confused:
    also ordered a Thermalright HR-55 Chipset Cooler from amazon too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

did you find your stock fan to be very noisy?

Advertisement