Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water spray from stop cock on large tank in attick

Options
  • 18-05-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

I've just noticed a small drip coming from the corner of the ceiling in my upstairs bathroom . I went up into the attick and found that when the level in the tank goes down , from flushing the toilet etc etc , and the tank begins to refill , that a joint on the stop cock is staying water up onto the roof rafters and back down onto the insulation and thus dripping through my ceiling . I have it covered temp to stop the stay . It's almost like a powerful mist rather than a spray . Do I need a new stop cock and are they hard fitted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

What you are refering to is a "high pressure ball-cock" and from what you are saying I would imagine it needs replacing as soon as possible.
    Like all things in life, changing it is easy if you know how.
    You will need some appropriate tools, some ptfe tape, the new ball-cock and you will need to be able to shut off the mains water supply in the house before you start anything.
    If its something you are not too sure about doing yourself it would be best to get someone to do it for you as you are dealing with a mains water connection which if not repaired correctly could end up doing serious damage to your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

K.Flyer wrote: »
    What you are refering to is a "high pressure ball-cock" and from what you are saying I would imagine it needs replacing as soon as possible.
    Like all things in life, changing it is easy if you know how.
    You will need some appropriate tools, some ptfe tape, the new ball-cock and you will need to be able to shut off the mains water supply in the house before you start anything.
    If its something you are not too sure about doing yourself it would be best to get someone to do it for you as you are dealing with a mains water connection which if not repaired correctly could end up doing serious damage to your home.
    Hi thanks for the reply . I was thinking I would get a plumber into sort it ASAP

Advertisement