Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Combo Box (Digital satellite & Digital Terrestial) €65.00 Sligo

• 18-05-2013 3:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭

Ferguson Ariva 150 Combo box - about 5 left. €65euro really good price. In shop (sorry cant remember name) in Sligo leading up to entrance of Quayside Shopping Centre on left hand side (looks like a party/discount store. Good price, sky digibox subscription card works in it as well!! - Usb sockets, Ethernet socket, Youtube, Picasa and dailymotion and web TV. 1 Scart, USB sockets, PVR ready, HDMI socket.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Good price they are around the 95-110eur mark normally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Thats an excellent price and a good box, lost of support on the terrestrial forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056680966&page=50

Definitely a bargain

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Very good price, cheaper even than Poland. I suppose it could be bankrupt stock or an unlikely loss leader but I have to say, it brings out the sceptic in me.

Definitely a loss leader as its below distributor trade price.

bmaxi wrote: »
    Very good price, cheaper even than Poland. I suppose it could be bankrupt stock or an unlikely loss leader but I have to say, it brings out the sceptic in me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Is that the place that was 'closing down' for about a year, think the name's changed now though?. I'm almost certain they deal with a lot of liquidation stock. Most of which is absolute muck!! It explains the lower than trade price on those. Nice to hear of something good showing up in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Is that the place that was 'closing down' for about a year, think the name's changed now though?. I'm almost certain they deal with a lot of liquidation stock. Most of which is absolute muck!! It explains the lower than trade price on those. Nice to hear of something good showing up in it

Yes thats thats the one, its changed names a few times since its been there it was some kind of x-factory discount or something like that at one time now its got like hen party uniforms and the like in there and some stationary. - strange place to find the boxes though, if you blink you would miss them but they are hanging up behind the counter. Sign there saying cheaper than Curry's etc and when I was buying it the guy said its exactly the same as the box in currys over 100euro.

I'm open to correction but I don't believe curry's ever stocked ferguson arivas.

Y Sign there saying cheaper than Curry's etc and when I was buying it the guy said its exactly the same as the box in currys over 100euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Same here, unless they have them in the North:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ferguson Ariva 150 Combo box - about 5 left. €65euro really good price. In shop (sorry cant remember name) in Sligo leading up to entrance of Quayside Shopping Centre on left hand side (looks like a party/discount store. Good price, sky digibox subscription card works in it as well!! - Usb sockets, Ethernet socket, Youtube, Picasa and dailymotion and web TV. 1 Scart, USB sockets, PVR ready, HDMI socket.

Is that shop near the Jane Norman shop at the Wine St entrance?

Is that shop near the Jane Norman shop at the Wine St entrance?

Its between pull and bear river island I think and on the same side yes wine street entrance - its not the Inspire shop ...

• Advertisement

Just beware that I dont think the box has any Digital Text or red button Interactive services (Mheg5) that might be a big deal to some people, but others who just want to watch Satellite and Irish DVB-T channels only and not worried about interactive services wont be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

I rushed up here early , the shop is called something likefazmatastic, and squinted in the window, saw the sign for the ferguson box, looks like they're all gone. Ah well nice trip to the other shops and save that cash.wish I'd spotted it sooner, thanks op.

gussieg wrote: »
    I rushed up here early , the shop is called something likefazmatastic, and squinted in the window, saw the sign for the ferguson box, looks like they're all gone. Ah well nice trip to the other shops and save that cash.wish I'd spotted it sooner, thanks op.

ah thats a shame - were they not open then? maybe they dont open till 2pm on a Sunday - I doubt if u would have seen them through window because u have to walk in shop and look left and their behind counter on wall ....

Aha! Came back later in the day, and left my number with the girl, wandered about looking at furry leopard print hats, and she went out the back and said, 'we have one left!'
    So I got it, thanks very much again Andy, now just waiting to get the tea set from brodricks !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Aha! Came back later in the day, and left my number with the girl, wandered about looking at furry leopard print hats, and she went out the back and said, 'we have one left!'
    So I got it, thanks very much again Andy, now just waiting to get the tea set from brodricks !

Good luck with it, great little box, certainly a bargain at that price.

ah brilliant glad u got one in the end hope ur happy with it - good price isnt it. - well imagine that they nearly sold out, must have been due to the fact of me mentioning it up on here :) - must call in later to collect my commission , haha ;)

It is, not completely sure how to get the wifi etc working, but I've now got the rte channels and regular satellite channels (coming off the little aldi dish no bother ) delight!

It is, not completely sure how to get the wifi etc working, but I've now got the rte channels and regular satellite channels (coming off the little aldi dish no bother ) delight!

theres no built in wi-fi into the box - network cable (ethernet) or wi-fi usb dongle needed (Railink) .....

Advertisement