Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB 7 Day Online Notice

Options
  • 18-05-2013 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Hi, probably a stupid question.... but does anyone know if it's possible to overwrite the AIB 7 Day Online Notice and withdraw before 7 days if you go into the bank?
    I forgot to serve my notice, and need access to the cash within 6 days.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No. The notice period is pretty much locked into the system (after all, there wouldn't be much point in a notice account if folks could just not give notice!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Many banks, such as PTSB, lets you ignore the notice period subject to an interest penalty.

Ring AIB, give a good sob story and beg for the notice period to be waived.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

You can go into the bank to withdraw with no notice, and as far as I remember, you can make ONE withdrawal a year with no interest penalties. I haven't tried with my 7 day notice, but I have done it on my 30 day access (same thing, just 30 days notices compared to 7)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Karlitto wrote: »
    You can go into the bank to withdraw with no notice, and as far as I remember, you can make ONE withdrawal a year with no interest penalties. I haven't tried with my 7 day notice, but I have done it on my 30 day access (same thing, just 30 days notices compared to 7)

You can't go into the branch to make a withdrawal or any transaction on the account, and you definitely can't withdraw in the branch on demand.

The Online Notice 7 account is different to both the branch Notice 7 account and to the Access 30 account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

Is the 7 day notice for 7 working days or 7 normal days?

Would money be available if the 7th day fell on a bank holiday/Xmas/etc.?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

7 calendar days.

"“Withdrawal Period” means the period of 7 calendar days
    when your funds will be available to withdraw subsequent to
    expiry of the Minimum Notice Period required to be served on
    the Online Notice Deposit Account prior to withdrawal or closure."

There are much better rates out there other than this product.

Advertisement