Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2007 passat estate 2.0T auto opinions

Options
  • 17-05-2013 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all
    Any opinions or advice about this car combination,
    92k kms on the clock, was originally owned by a lease company, sold to Sarsfield Motors with gearbox problems(I know)
    Current private owner seems legit
    Would any problems be immediately apparent to a mechanic I ask to inspect pre-purchase or would it take time to develop
    Is it a DSG box or normal auto
    Are there any major problems I should be aware of
    Only do 8-10k miles a year and need lots of room
    All advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 barfold

Any feedback on this car, gearbox especially, appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Link to car? Not all problems will be easy to spot. 8 - 10k per year, without a link I can only presume it is a diesel, if so, not worth you while. You will knacker up a DMF and wipe out any savings on diesel prices.

sorry not sure how to link to the car its 2 litre petrol, prob only one on donedeal
    Thankls

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Thanks for linking that, going to view in a week or so, just a little concerned about previous gearbox problems. Could someone have done a quick fix, its only done 7k kms since , or is there only one way to fix it i.e. properly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

barfold wrote: »
    Thanks for linking that, going to view in a week or so, just a little concerned about previous gearbox problems. Could someone have done a quick fix, its only done 7k kms since , or is there only one way to fix it i.e. properly?

Well, that depends. It was either reconditioned or what ever broke was replaced, and just that.

You'd have to ask that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

i would ask to see a receipt for the gearbox work as if you ask "was it a full recondition ?" seller will say yes

No service history for the car, timing belt not obviously done and niggling doubts about gearbox so decided to pass.
    Thanks for the advice

Advertisement