Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best smart phone to buy ?

Options
  • 17-05-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Does anyone have an opinion regarding what the best smart phone to buy would be at the moment ?

I was thinking of getting the iphone 5, I had the samsung galaxy s2 liked it but motherboard crashed so not too impressed with samsungs anymore.. additionally the samsung galaxy 4 is massive.

Basically what I'm looking for is a phone with a great camera (is there any with flash on the front camera as well as back ?)...
    Also something that's turning me off apple is that an additional SD card can't be inserted for extra memory.

What would be the best smart phone for me ie: best camera and phone ?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

What is the best fruit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Id love the galxy s4 seems by far the best it is on the large side though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

It's pretty simple to cut it down to a few handsets,
    HTC One
    Nexus 4
    Samsung Galaxy S4

It's a little harder to pick which you want. Personally I never considered the GS4 and seems like your in the same position.

The HTC One is an amazing phone and it's simply the best Android phone available, hands down!
    BUT the Nexus 4 is pure stock Android and it only costs €335~ compared to €529+ for the HTC One depending where you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭edgal

Fluffy88 wrote: »

The HTC One is an amazing phone and it's simply the best Android phone available, hands down!
    BUT the Nexus 4 is pure stock Android and it only costs €335~ compared to €529+ for the HTC One depending where you get it.

would you consider the HTC one far better than the iphone 5 considering they're approximately the same price ?

Thanks for your opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stop asking for better, each suits a certain use case. If you want a phone with minimal management then the iphone5 is a good option, but you have less freedom.

If camera is your priority then the HTC one would be my choice, that or the Xperia Z(Sony have always done well with their cameras, even back pre android).

All phones do well in the sunshine, its the dark that distinguishes them.

SGS4 left, HTC One right
    samsung-galaxy-s4-camera-7-.jpghtc-one-cam-7-.jpg

SGS4 left, HTC One right

samsung-galaxy-s4-camera-8-.jpghtc-one-cam-8-.jpg

More here if you want: http://blogs.computerworld.com/smartphones/22096/samsung-galaxy-s4-vs-htc-one-camera

The iPhone 5 is very close to the SGS4 afaik.

• Advertisement
Advertisement