Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Or Savings

Options
  • 17-05-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've recently earned some extra money and am trying to decide whether it is
    better to pay off a lump some of my variable rate mortgage or to put it away in savings.

I've spoken to BOI staff in branch and over the phone and they seem unable to
    help in any meaningful way. 
    Over the phone the agent was unable to tell me how much I would save in interest by paying down the mortgage (she could tell me the number of months). 

Is there a calculator online or can I make an appointment with an adviser who can give me facts and figures? 

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi PAULE,

You would be best to go to the branch and an advisor can go through all your options with you. You will then be able to make the best choice particular to your circumstances. Please see here for the contact details of your nearest branch to make an appointment with an advisor.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement