Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Card fails to arrive!

Options
  • 17-05-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Renewed medical card fails to arrive,even though applied for 6 weeks ago.To Dr. with urgent problem.Card "Invalid". Had to pay 65 Euro. and about same for prescriptions.

If and when Card arrives have I any means of recouping some 120 +Euro which I can ill afford?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Not the correct forum for this question, not quite sure where would suit, maybe the State Benefits forum? Not sure if there is more suited so not going to move the thread

Nick

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moved from Comp & Tech (OP Req)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Have you proof that your card was renewed and not just issued yet or received by you.

Also did you check your card and or application status on line and if approved get a screenshot or print out.

https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/medapp/

I wouldn't like to hazzard a guess about getting a refund.

My husband was granted one lately because he has a chronic illness and his medication is very expensive, the hse told him his card was issued but it still took about a month to arrive. However as he needed the medication they txted him his card number and he was able to use this until the card arrived. He wasn't able to get any refund on medication before the card number was issued though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

If it was me I would ring the HSE and explain it. There is no reason why you should not get the prescription costs refunded.
    There is a form to be used for spending over €19.50 in a month

• Advertisement
Advertisement