Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flahavans Hi8 muesli, 1kg for €3.50

Options
  • 17-05-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭

I saw this in Dunnes in Galway. It's not being marked or promoted as a special offer but I know it's normally sold for around €4.80.

It's a tasty Irish muesli which seems to be quite healthy too (no added sugar, etc).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Thanks OP! That's me off to Dunnes to stock up. This is the nicest muesli I've found and that is a great price. I was thrilled when I found an Irish made muesli of that quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This is good Muesli, nice one op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

€4.85 in Tesco so good deal. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Tesco are now also offering it at €3.50 now that the Dunnes offer is over. Offer ends June 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Thanks I went into Dunnes today to stock up and saw they were back to normal price.

I bought some of the "Odlums Quick and Easy porridge oats" instead as they are 2 euro at the moment.

porridge1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Thanks I went into Dunnes today to stock up and saw they were back to normal price.

I bought some of the "Odlums Quick and Easy porridge oats" instead as they are 2 euro at the moment.

porridge1.jpg

Yak compared to hi 8 !!

I also noticed a Tesco own brand museli on the shelves beside the Hi8 which was only €1.75 for 1kg. Anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

kn wrote: »
    I also noticed a Tesco own brand museli on the shelves beside the Hi8 which was only €1.75 for 1kg. Anyone tried it?

The Tesco stuff is usually coated in some sort of sweetener.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Is this the one you are talking about?http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265537190

Haven't tried it myself, but the ingredients look okay. Their Swiss style muesli does have sweetener on the flakes though so watch out for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Lidl or Aldi...cheaper by miles and just as nice as Flahavans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

This Tesco no added sugar Muesli works for me. €1.75 per kilo.

Strangely its £2.89 /kg on Tesco's UK site.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Is this the one you are talking about?http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265537190

Haven't tried it myself, but the ingredients look okay. Their Swiss style muesli does have sweetener on the flakes though so watch out for that.

No it had a blue packaging IIRC and it definitely said no added sugars etc. Price €1.75 with a note comparing to Lidl €1.99.

pumbah wrote: »

Yip. That's the one. They seem to pricing it in competition with Lidl which they say is €1.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,757 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

pumbah wrote: »

tesco stuff isnt nice, or not as nice as alpen blue anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Aldi 'Totally Nutty' one is great value and as clean as the Hi-8

Will get the price/kg up when I'm home later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Yip. That's the one. They seem to pricing it in competition with Lidl which they say is €1.99.

Strangely, the no added sugar one contains more than twice as much sugar as the one mentioned by Meolmk91 above, which leads one to believe there's bugger all fruit in that one. Porridge is your only man, 90c a kilo in Lidl and far better than all these muesli.

bmaxi wrote: »
    Strangely, the no added sugar one contains more than twice as much sugar as the one mentioned by Meolmk91 above, which leads one to believe there's bugger all fruit in that one. Porridge is your only man, 90c a kilo in Lidl and far better than all these muesli.

Probably explained by it containing 16% raisins compared to 7% mixed dry fruits in the other one.

Advertisement