Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Job Seekers sign on day is same time as college interview.

Options
  • 17-05-2013 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm recently on Job Seekers allowance and my first sign on day is the 28th of this month at 10:30. However, I've just received a letter from a college I've applied to with an interview for a place on one of their courses at 10 a.m the same day. Typical.

Now it says on my interview letter than I can try and rearrange an interview but a new time cannot be guaranteed as they have so many applicants. I really don't want to chance missing the interview and end up not getting another..

Any ideas? Would it be okay to go down to my social welfare office the following day with the letter saying I had an interview as the excuse for me missing the sign on?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Duff wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I'm recently on Job Seekers allowance and my first sign on day is the 28th of this month at 10:30. However, I've just received a letter from a college I've applied to with an interview for a place on one of their courses at 10 a.m the same day. Typical.

Now it says on my interview letter than I can try and rearrange an interview but a new time cannot be guaranteed as they have so many applicants. I really don't want to chance missing the interview and end up not getting another..

Any ideas? Would it be okay to go down to my social welfare office the following day with the letter saying I had an interview as the excuse for me missing the sign on?

Cheers.

Go down to your local social welfare office and explain the situation to them and show them the interview letter. The will more than likely allow you to sign late on your singing date or allow you to sign another time its never a good idea to be late signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You could always go in at opening time and sign on early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

shockwave wrote: »
    You could always go in at opening time and sign on early.

They open at 9 a.m here in Dundalk and my interview is in Dublin at 10. I wouldn't make it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Bring the form down the day before you are due to sign and they should let you sign early. I had to do the same thing last year as my sign on day fell in with registration in DKIT and they let me sign on Monday instead :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

My sign on time is 10:30. I don't go until 12 because the cue is much smaller & nobody has ever questioned me about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement