Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 black sim free €584

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Gekko wrote: »
    Phonesonline.ie have a number of these on a limited offer price of € 584.

Only the black colour is available, they're in sealed boxes and they're Euro spec but with a 3-pin charger.

Link is here: http://www.phonesonline.ie/samsung-galaxy-s4-eu-specification-sim-free.html

By comparison, €704.99 on Expansys.ie http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-galaxy-s-4-16gb-black-mist-247569/

Is that site reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Jernal wrote: »
    Is that site reliable?

I have ordered from him before(karl). Very nice guy and very reliable. No issues at all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Phonesonline.ie have a number of these on a limited offer price of € 584.

Only the black colour is available, they're in sealed boxes and they're Euro spec but with a 3-pin charger.

Link is here: http://www.phonesonline.ie/samsung-galaxy-s4-eu-specification-sim-free.html

By comparison, €704.99 on Expansys.ie http://www.expansys.ie/samsung-galaxy-s-4-16gb-black-mist-247569/

Still a good deal, but expansys are always way way way overpriced so not the best to draw a comparison with, however phonesonline.ie are still €25 cheaper than amazon germany: http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Smartphone-AMOLED-Touchscreen-Megapixel-black-mist/dp/B00BTCE2M0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368773929&sr=8-1&keywords=galaxy+s4

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

As far as I know, there are a lot of faulty S4 phone at the market at the moment.
    Because Samsung just started producing them, there are few major hardware/software issues (camera faulty, crashing Android when you starting camera, faulty screens etc.)
    Hopefully everything will be fixed in further production.
    So I wouldn't buy this S4 until september at least.

that's report from service center:
    Faulty speaker (flickering sound) [26.34%]
    Signal Loss WiFi [12.44%]
    Faulty screen: pink tinge when displaying a matrix of gray tones [12.2%]
    Faulty screen: Blue loop while scrolling gray separators [27.07%]
    Faulty screen: Dead pixels [6.59%]
    Camera Backlash [12.68%]
    Random reboot when the camera starts [22.93%]
    Lost cellular network [7.56%]
    Poor/faulty oleophobic coating [7.56%]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

andersat2 wrote: »
    As far as I know, there are a lot of faulty S4 phone at the market at the moment.
    Because Samsung just started producing them, there are few major hardware/software issues (camera faulty, crashing Android when you starting camera, faulty screens etc.)

that's report from service senter:
    Camera Backlash [12.68%]
    Where are you getting this from? How do you know its a lot of phones being faulty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Camera Backlash [12.68%]

Those are crazy figure! :eek:

Source?

Those are crazy figure! :eek:

Source?
    I don't think thats percentages of all S4's sold. I'd say if anything it would be the issues they've had with warranty returns. Most likely only a small percentage seeing as not much comes up if you search for faulty S4's on Google

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

no, that's percentage of failure phones back from service centers across Russia/Ukraine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Where are you getting this from? How do you know its a lot of phones being faulty?

As well as that, providing % figures without stating what quantity 100% is equal to is, well, 100% useless information....

of course it should be noted that the posted figures add up to a total of 135.37%, and while devices can display multiple issues I'm not sure how useful any of those figures are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I don't think thats percentages of all S4's sold. I'd say if anything it would be the issues they've had with warranty returns. Most likely only a small percentage seeing as not much comes up if you search for faulty S4's on Google

Makes more sense.

• Advertisement

no, that's percentage of failure phones back from service centers across Russia/Ukraine.
    So you've got no evidence of lots of Samsung Galaxy S4's being faulty then??

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Would have trown my wallet at that website if it was the exynos Octa version , but sadly it isnt.

btw i know theres nothing between the two versions, i just like bragging rights :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Camera Backlash [12.68%]

I had 2 x DOA's! - the faulty camera on first one, and then second one didn't recognise there was a SIM card inserted. Was told usual about faulty first batch etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Just re-reading the webpage , in the specs writen under the phone picture it say 1.6octa and the paragraph on the right of the picture says the 600 1.9 , which one is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Just re-reading the webpage , in the specs writen under the phone picture it say 1.6octa and the paragraph on the right of the picture says the 600 1.9 , which one is it?

They're not the Octa-core, just the quad core.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Keep in mind that the Google edition of the Galaxy S4 is the i9505, which means anything it gets(its entire rom) will be dumped and will work on any other i9505 version. Assuming nothing will get it the way, which it shouldn't.

The best part is that it will get prompt updates, which means we will have new custom roms will stable versions of the latest version of Android.

meh...
    Underwhelming...

Noobs ;-)

• Advertisement

cgarrad wrote: »
    Noobs ;-)

^gimp :cool:

Skinned and locked vs stock.

Really?

Still available by the looks of things...

A few of these now remaining I hear...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Thor wrote: »
    Keep in mind that the Google edition of the Galaxy S4 is the i9505, which means anything it gets(its entire rom) will be dumped and will work on any other i9505 version. Assuming nothing will get it the way, which it shouldn't.

The best part is that it will get prompt updates, which means we will have new custom roms will stable versions of the latest version of Android.

Are you sure it'll be the i9505 variant for the Google Edition? That'd be awesome!

A bit off-topic but any Google version might have some competition from the Nexus 5 and the Moto X

Advertisement