Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of getting a masters?

Options
  • 16-05-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I need an outside opinion. I have a 2.2 honors degree in biochem and am wondering will I actually get accepted to a masters. I know it can all depend on personal statements and references, but someone tell me, is a 2.2 degree actually worth something these days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Depends on the college and the course. What do you want to do the masters in and where?

UCD & Trinity you'll usually need at least a 2:1, but places like DCU, DIT you may get away with a 2:2.

Not sure about colleges outside of Dublin.

• Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

Apply anyway and see what happens. It all depends on numbers. Theres no set rule they will only take people with a 2.1, well what I mean it's not enforced

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

[Jackass] wrote: »
    UCD & Trinity you'll usually need at least a 2:1, but places like DCU, DIT you may get away with a 2:2.

It tends to be a little more program specific rather than institution specific.

Advertisement