Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter Advice Page

Options
  • 16-05-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I set up a twitter account giving some advice etc on taking photos. I'm not trying to be Ken Rockwell but a few people have asked me to set up something to give tips on taking photos so I am going to give it a bash and see how it goes. Give it a follow if you are interested.

https://twitter.com/AmEPhotos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

why twitter ? It's probably about the worst platform you could pick to convey any sort of information that's more than a pithy 140 character soundbite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

For info sharing- depends on how you share. Sharing the info in your tweet or v.short summary and link to your site?
    I find twitter useful for getting additional viewers to your site if used properly; tweet to 'relevant' people about a timely event.
    I took some photos at Connacht vs. Glasgow Warriors (link)), afterwards tweeted both clubs & a few players & used relevant tags in the tweet. The post got a fair few hits through twitter, people who wouldn't have visited my site otherwise.

I've started following you anyway.
    https://twitter.com/photoblog_ie is my twitter handle/page/name

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ImagenEstilo

I think this is a good idea. It is short and sharp and something that I have had on the long finger for a while.

If you can provide good nuggets of advice in 140 characters then you are sure to bring traffic to your blog/web etc.

I think go for it, and do me a favour, let me know your twitter name. I have been planning on doing a Spanish version of what you are proposing (when I get around to building a twitter following) so it would be good to see what you are at.

Go for it

Advertisement