Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Wallet

Options
  • 16-05-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Could anyone recommend a wallet? The main criteria is that its large enough to hold a driving licence without bending it. Had a look at other similar threads but couldn't really see anything.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I bought one that looks exactly like this in Galway. I have it 2 years now and its still perfect. It fits my drivers license no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I got one from this shop on Etsy.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeatherByBJC?ref=seller_info

I'm happy with my one! Kinda pricey though if you include delivery cost :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

MadYaker wrote: »
    I bought one that looks exactly like this in Galway. I have it 2 years now and its still perfect. It fits my drivers license no problem.

I bought a similiar Tommy Hilfiger one about 6 months ago. It has a coin pocket on one side instead of the card holders. Very happy with it. Got it on sale in Arnotts for about 25 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeah that sounds exactly like the one I have, couldn't find a pic of it. They are expensive but really good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

I have the medium bi fold wallet from these guys at saddleback leather.
    It just about fits my drivers licence in the back without bending it. I have it a few years and its pretty much indestructible. (I have a bad habit of killing wallets by over filling them with crap)
    I've actually bought a few more of these wallets as presents for people and I have the rfid shielded passport wallet for travelling which is very handy but way too big for everyday use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

OP would you not upgrade your license to the credit card type to fit all wallets? instead of being restricted to a big wallet for the paper licenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

OP would you not upgrade your license to the credit card type to fit all wallets? instead of being restricted to a big wallet for the paper licenses?

Thanks for the replies guys.

TiltedBrain - Think you have to wait for your current one to expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Degag wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys.

TiltedBrain - Think you have to wait for your current one to expire?

Nope, they will do the change for you for a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Allegedly also free if you are changing name or address or donor status. Have a search in the Motoring forum.

Im the worst person to ask on this subject because I only ever carry a cheap - and empty - wallet.

I travel a lot and I have always been paranoid about pick pocketing. So I only ever carry the cheapest wallet you can imagine and all my money and cards are actually in my pocket.

Ive actually been pick pocketted 5 times. 3 in london - one in morrocco - and one in milan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I got my last two wallets in river island and I've liked them.

I bought one of these as a gift recently, and it's beautifully made. This is the large one but there is a smaller version available.

I've had a womens wallet from Osprey for three years, it still looks pristine.

https://www.ospreylondon.com/item.php?product_id=915331&product_name=THE-RORY-DRESS-WALLET&gender=4&subCat=208

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Im the worst person to ask on this subject because I only ever carry a cheap - and empty - wallet.

I travel a lot and I have always been paranoid about pick pocketing. So I only ever carry the cheapest wallet you can imagine and all my money and cards are actually in my pocket.

Ive actually been pick pocketted 5 times. 3 in london - one in morrocco - and one in milan.

What do you put in your wallet then? Condoms? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭cullenswood

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Allegedly also free if you are changing name or address or donor status. Have a search in the Motoring forum.

Any link to this, I did a search and couldn't find anything in relation to it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Any link to this, I did a search and couldn't find anything in relation to it. Thanks

It was always the policy with the paper licence. I availed of the address change a few times, free of charge each time. Can only presume they are keeping the policy up with the new licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

what do you guys do with coins? hate coins but I also hate carrying them in pockets as they usually end up falling out. so I ended up with a canvas wallet from M&S. does the job but it has the dreaded Velcro..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

what do you guys do with coins? hate coins but I also hate carrying them in pockets as they usually end up falling out. so I ended up with a canvas wallet from M&S. does the job but it has the dreaded Velcro..

I keep coins in the other back pocket of my jeans/pants if I'm out and about. If I'm at home or at my desk at work I take them out and throw them in a jar. I bring them to a money counting machine/bank whenever I have a decent amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭tigger123

Degag wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Could anyone recommend a wallet? The main criteria is that its large enough to hold a driving licence without bending it. Had a look at other similar threads but couldn't really see anything.

Cheers!

My girlfriend got me one of these for Christmas, you can get them in the Leather/Wallet shop just next to St Stephens Green Shopping Centre. The video is a bit long (and in dutch) but you'll get the idea. :)

Couldnt recommend it more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXdFLk-yUBc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭tigger123

Oh, about 50 euros, in case you're wondering.

What do you put in your wallet then? Condoms? :pac:

Dont use the things :) Hate them.

I think I mentioned - the wallet is usually empty.

I do not tend to carry much around anyway - a little cash and a card or two - so I tend to favor an inside jacket zip pocket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I keep the coins in the small button pocket in the wallet. I´ll always try and get rid of the coins in a shop so i get as few as possible back. They bulk up the wallet too much

I bought this wallet for a 5er when I was in turkey when I was 12 :D Fake im assuming;)
    http://www.koffer24.com/shop/de/en/product/4378067-3050-wallet-by-joop

I Used it every single day through secondary school for my lunch money and I still have it today being used every day 10 years later and its still in perfect condition. I cant remember the last time I´ve ever gone anywhere with money without it..

Think it was the best 5er I ever spent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hugo Boss have a great range, quite a few of theirs are bigger than the norm.

Solid too, wont fall apart like some of the cheaper ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Honestly; go on holiday in Florence this Summer and visit the market in the San Lorenzo area. The quality, price and selection of the wallets alone you'll find will almost make the entire trip worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

Existing thread has suggestions too - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74203130. I got myself one of the Slimmy Wallets, and use a small coin purse in addition.

http://www.koyono.com/Slimmy-Wallet-Alternative-p/m17546.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Tazium wrote: »
    Existing thread has suggestions too - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74203130. I got myself one of the Slimmy Wallets, and use a small coin purse in addition.

http://www.koyono.com/Slimmy-Wallet-Alternative-p/m17546.htm

Where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

Directly from them Jimmy. The international one with the red lining is what I went for. Also, I had this really nice leather coin holder that I bought years ago in Spain and lost it recently. I replaced it with another from the same company - Pielnobel, http://www.pielnoble-international.com/tienda/complementos/portamonedas-hombre-np25 expensive as it was it's great. But next time (if), I'll have a coin purse from Amazon for a fraction of the price.

A good wallet is complemented by a good coin purse. ;)

Advertisement