Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for a Painter/Decorator

Options
  • 16-05-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

We're thinking of getting someone in to paint the rooms of our house. What is the going rate these days in Kilkenny? The last time we got it done was at the height of the boom and I'm sure prices have dropped. Looking to get all rooms done (4 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, hallway, landing and bathroom)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

DerryRed wrote: »
    We're thinking of getting someone in to paint the rooms of our house. What is the going rate these days in Kilkenny? The last time we got it done was at the height of the boom and I'm sure prices have dropped. Looking to get all rooms done (4 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, hallway, landing and bathroom)

Got my house painted internally for 3 euro per square meter, excluding materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Got my house painted internally for 3 euro per square meter, excluding materials.

Thanks. I assume you were happy with the job done. Could you pass me on the details of the person who did the job. Feel free to post it here or to send it via a Private Message.

DerryRed wrote: »
    Thanks. I assume you were happy with the job done. Could you pass me on the details of the person who did the job. Feel free to post it here or to send it via a Private Message.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Benny Cake wrote: »

Would external paint jobs be generally dearer?

Phobia of extendable/double ladders bit of hinderance to painting the outside :P

Wimbago wrote: »
    Would external paint jobs be generally dearer?

Phobia of extendable/double ladders bit of hinderance to painting the outside :P

Can't say I've ever paid someone to paint the house externally but I'd say it would be more expensive as it will take much longer....

• Advertisement
Advertisement