Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Med Card Renewal

Options
  • 16-05-2013 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Any advice here would be helpful. My sister, her husband and 2 kids are receiving a medical card. This is up in July this year. Both of the parents are working and have a house and paying for childcare for the 2 kids.
    The medical card was received 2 years ago and since then my sisters husband has changed jobs. He is getting 2k more per year than what he had 2 years ago although mortgage payments have gone up.
    They have received a renewal form asking for the declaration of change of circumstances. They are just wary in declaring the change of work etc. My question is they are no better off today than they were 2 years ago and circumstances have changed slightly. Should they declare that they have changed jobs or say nothing has changed?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Declare that they have changed jobs, why risk perhaps getting into trouble by not telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You have to declare any changes.
    Seriously, your sister and her husband don't seem to be eligible for it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stodwyer

To be honest if they got the GP visit card theyd be delighted. They have loads of outgoing expenses being mortgage, childcare and travelling to and from work etc.

Advertisement