Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect to local hostnames with new router

Options
  • 16-05-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I have an issue as mentioned on another thread...
    ballooba wrote: »
    This is more of a networking question probably, but I switched over to using Horizon as my router this evening and all went well except I can't access any of my devices using their hostnames. Any ideas? Is this to do with the domain name on the LAN in the settings? It defaults to "net".
    I've been pointed by a work colleague towards WINS and NetBIOS as the source of the issue. Previously I was using a Linksys E1000 running DD-WRT as the router in my home LAN. The issue has arisen since I switched over to the new UPC Horizon STB which has an integrated wireless router.

I'm having trouble getting info on the device as it's only recently been introduced in Ireland, with a little more info in Dutch and German from UPC Swiss and Dutch clients.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,176 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Does the router block SMB broadcasts by default?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'll have a look at that when i get home. Thanks.

Advertisement