Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€411 flights to New York [Now €368]

Options
  • 16-05-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

Holiday Pirates have spotted another great deal with United to Newark.

Very limited dates but if you've some free time in the next couple of weeks you could get a great deal to NYC.

http://www.holidaypirates.com/flights/non-stop-flights-from-dublin-to-new-york-city-for-only-411-euro-round-trip-incl-taxes

United Airlines is offering non-stop flights from Dublin to New York City (Newark, EWR) for only 411 Euro - round trip incl. taxes.
    The cheapest flights are available for departures in May 2013. Please check the list below.
    Available Dates:

• Dublin to New York City (EWR): 18, 19, 21, 22, 24 May 2013
    • New York City (EWR) to Dublin: 28 May; 4 June 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Not that cheap. Just checked Expedia for one of those date combos (out 24 May, in 28 May) and you can get a flight on Delta to JFK for €462.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    Not that cheap. Just checked Expedia for one of those date combos (out 24 May, in 28 May) and you can get a flight on Delta to JFK for €462.

Thank you for sharing.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

MuffinsDa wrote: »

I have family in NY and have visited there at least once a year for the last decade. Unfortunately I can't take advantage of this offer, but €411 for direct flights to/from Newark is a great deal. I've only ever done better than that once, and that was back in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rb123

Wowzers :o Looks like half of boards will be off to NY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

What happened to the days I used to be getting my tesco vouchers for €250 return flights to NY.. maybe punts; cannot remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Not as good as that Alitalia 44 euro open jaw deal a while back :D

Paid 148 in total for Amsterdam - Geneva - Rome - NYC - Rome - Venice - Maastricht. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Good price but I paid €330 return with Delta last September.

Have the prices really shot up that much this year that €411 is a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I got direct flights with aer lingus for €429 for December a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

€411 isn't too bad, we're just back from NYC after flying with united.. We paid €810 for two adults and an infant. Newark isn't too bad an airport, we'd no delays etc. and we got through security and that pretty quick.. Would take that route again.. Also, Jersey Gardens is next door for some last min shopping!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So e411 is ~ normal price? and this aint a bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

snubbleste wrote: »
    So e411 is ~ normal price? and this aint a bargain alert.

€411 is a great bargain alert. Aer Lingus are pretty much charging €500-600++ for transatlantic returns these days. I wish I could get €411 transatlantic in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

adox wrote: »
    Good price but I paid €330 return with Delta last September.
    Same, but for last weekend! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Just flew back from NYC, got my return flight for 335 from budget air a few months back. Thats a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

epopnomis wrote: »
    Just flew back from NYC, got my return flight for 335 from budget air a few months back. Thats a good price.

Did you bother your hoop posting about it at the time?:rolleyes:

The amount of moaning about what is a decent enough price would put irregular posters on here like myself off bothering to put up a "bargain" in the future if all we get is rubbish like well I got a flight a year ago for less than that.

But it is not a bargain. €411 is normal pricing for a flight to NY in May/June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Agreed; Aer Lingus (like everything else in this country) are a rip off in general. Delta/KLM or United are the way to go.

Not a huge bargain alert I am afraid. Maybe a small saving, but not much of a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

But it is not a bargain. €411 is normal pricing for a flight to NY in May/June.

I'd love if that was the case, but in my experience anything under €450 is definitely in bargain territory at any time of year.

Out of curiosity, I just put in some random dates for flying to Newark next month with United and I couldn't see anything cheaper than €623.

Like the OP said, it might be an idea to enlighten the rest of us the next time you come across these sub-€400 flights.

:confused:
    United €414 Snn-Ewr 09/06-24/06 or 05/06-14/06
    Delta €412 Snn-Jfk 24/06-04/07
    USAirways €370 Snn-Phl-Lga 21/06-02/07 or 18/06-25/06 or loads of dates

Did you bother your hoop posting about it at the time?:rolleyes:

The amount of moaning about what is a decent enough price would put irregular posters on here like myself off bothering to put up a "bargain" in the future if all we get is rubbish like well I got a flight a year ago for less than that.

I actually got this from a tip off from boards so happy out... Was just stating a FACT.....

• Advertisement

Also I found flying into laguardia to be pretty sweet. Way smaller airport and not as much hassle as JFK. Just my opinion.

Is it worth starting a new thread?
    Travel: €368 flights to New York

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is it worth starting a new thread?
    Travel: €368 flights to New York

Report the post and mods can update the title, least then people already following this that didn't buy will find out about it

Advertisement