Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing doctor - medical card

Options
  • 16-05-2013 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Just looking for some info. please

I recently got a new job in Dublin but live in Carlow and I want to change to a doctor in Dublin just because it'd be easier to go there after work or during lunch.

I have a medical card but on the form to change doctor it asks how far I reside from the doctor so I'm just wondering would I get a medical card for a doctor so far away from my home address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭anto3473

I'm assuming you're not going to commute from Carlow every day, When you move to Dublin give your new Dublin address as your home address.

Congratulations on the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

anto3473 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're not going to commute from Carlow every day, When you move to Dublin give your new Dublin address as your home address.

Congratulations on the new job.

Thank you and unfortunately it will have to be like that until I can afford and find a decent place to live. The odd time i stay in Dublin but it's my partner's granny's and I don't want to be using that as my address as I don't want to affect any of her pension and whatever else she gets

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭anto3473

Well surley you wont be sick in the meantime while finding a place to live, if youre on any medication though chemists in Dublin will accept prescriptions from carlow with the medical card.... Word of advice go for a dental checkup and get whatever work done while you still have a medical card, dentists here will accept your medical card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement