Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Casuals attendence

Options
  • 16-05-2013 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

We've been told by XGC recently that people are going into the place for a few hours or so 2-4 and just been hanging
    around, chatting.

XGC doesn't want people hanging around ages, not payin' for their stay for long periods of time

People that've been attending casuals on days other then Wed/Sat have been doing this apparently

I've been told these are people within the community itself.
    XGC was very subtle on this topic as they realize that we've been attending there several years now, they said;

"It's not all about the money, we don't mind extra accomadation or better service for SF guys[US] but, 10+ people and 1 console is not suitable, especially 5 people just sitting around doing nothing for hours and then leaving a mess behind without paying for anything, I don't wanna break your hearts, these guys can't do this"

Lads, if you're going to be attending XGC you MUST take out a console during your stay, you can't hang around 2-4 hours reading while having your lunch from outside in there

There have 0 problems with people waiting for others to arrive 1hour etc. so long as expect to play.

If you're with the FGC from now on people will be asked to show a XGC membership card to prove you're with the group.

Nothing major is changing, [To my knowledge atm] irregulars will have cards [Hound, stevo] and people that are regulars [Myself, Jun, fergus or Ben] will also be giving cards,however should we regulars forget our Cards we'll be giving the OKAY anyway if you attend weekly, Irregulars that lose their cards must have regulars confirm their status at the desk should they not be familiar to you.

Thats all atm, something just to be weary of, just a precaution they've taken to ID members of FG community as other locals are abusing the previlage of having 2-6 on a console.

and ffs don't charge your Ipod or phone on a console you're NOT payin' for.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

On another note, BRING PADS/STICKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Who's doing this? Definitely not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Who's doing this? Definitely not cool.

guy said the most recent time was last mon/tues.
    wasnt sure if he meant this week or last or both.

said came in for 3 hours and just sat there so this time he decided to say something and went up and told them that none of the sf guys were coming in today.
    he said that because as he also mentioned to us,at times people have said to him there waiting for the fighting games game guys to come in.
    so it very well could be someone not known to he community taking advantage but he did say some of them he has seen before with us but not ones whos face he sees every week

he was being extra nice explaining it to me,nutrient & lar saying how they know weve been coming there for years and they like having us and were telling us the upgrades he plans to do the the place when there getting the ps4's in.

kinda ****ty someones acting the prat with them

Yeah, definitely, that's very weird. Hopefully it stops now after everyone's aware of the situation anyway.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That's really weird, those guys are very good to us, and it's very bad form from whoever was doing that.

While we're on the subject of not being dicks in the xgc, people need to remember top dump their wrappers and leftovers either as they finish or when they're leaving, many is the time the place is a total state at the end of the night and half of it is by people who are gone home.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ouch, that aint cool.

How's this gonna work for someone like me, do I find Nutrient or someone and get a card off them if I'm heading in?

If I'm in early on my own I always rent out a computer downstairs rather than sit about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Ouch, that aint cool.

How's this gonna work for someone like me, do I find Nutrient or someone and get a card off them if I'm heading in?

If I'm in early on my own I always rent out a computer downstairs rather than sit about :(

If you're somewhat familiar to be affiliated with FGC things should occur as usual, if you're anon to them "Hey I'm with FGC guys" drag one of us down "He's cool" enter as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

This means casuals will likely get a bit more expensive then if more consoles have to be rented.

Can't be taking money from the community fund to pay for casuals, so people might have to start paying more than the standard five euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Leaving the place in a mess seems like a very good way to wear out your welcome. I always try to leave the place as we found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Yeah I think a bigger effort needs to made to clean up after ourselves as we go.

There's often times an unreal amount of food wrappers, burrito bags and cans + bottles are left everywhere.

XGC is da bomb, and evo is fast approaching, gotta stay in the good books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

As I person who only gets to attend a casuals session once or twice a month I hope this doesn't affect me too bad as I can't really call myself a regular. But I guess I will have to do as stated before and just grab one of the lads to give them the he's cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We're pretty lucky to have this place so let's try and reserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

As I person who only gets to attend a casuals session once or twice a month I hope this doesn't affect me too bad as I can't really call myself a regular. But I guess I will have to do as stated before and just grab one of the lads to give them the he's cool.

yea it wont be a problem, guy stated along as there's someone there with a card to vouch your "one of us" its kool.

Added note from XGC

"If you would like to come in and just sit and chat, we'd like a fee for that, €3 to hang around for the day seems reasonable, if you guys only pop in a bit for game and go, thats fine"

So Hanging about for 1hour, fine

But, if you're gonna be there say 6-10pm and not play, pay €3 to provide funds for services [Heat, air conditioning, chair, bin, indoors environment]

As friendly as we are with each other, don't forget, This IS a business.

Yeah, I think €3 is far from unreasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hackle serpent

I'm relatively new to the community and have never gone to casuals before but I was thinking of doing so after my exams. But how do I get a card since no one would know me to give me the ok to go in?

I'm relatively new to the community and have never gone to casuals before but I was thinking of doing so after my exams. But how do I get a card since no one would know me to give me the ok to go in?

Come upstairs of XGC cafe
    We're on the right side of the room

Look for myself and I'll fill you in

It's easy peasy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is there any weekly tourney's in Dublin?

RasTa wrote: »
    Is there any weekly tourney's in Dublin?
    Only weekly casuals, Wednesday & Saturday in Xtreme Internet & Gaming Centre (31 Liffey Street Lower).

Usually starts around 2/3pm til late, ~€5 for 4-5hrs play. Bring your own controller (please!)

Tourneys are on-hold because everyone is in exams :pac:

There a $ prize for the winners?

• Advertisement

There a $ prize for the winners?
    Usually Top-3 for tournaments.

Tournaments are generally around once a month but as Kiki said they've slowed down a lot recently. I'm sure it'll pick up again after exam season. No cash prizes for winning at casuals unfortunately. :pac:

Oh I won't be winning

Oh I won't be winning

I know just how you feel, I'm really new too so I'm currently the resident combo-dummy.

Advertisement