Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Grant Question Please?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 11:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi OK So the StudentFinance is going to open up soon, Now for me to get a grant with one parent on disability allowance and one on social welfare what forms do I need to get? P20 things like that is what I heard?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'll move this to the correct forum for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

fontdor wrote: »
    Hi OK So the StudentFinance is going to open up soon, Now for me to get a grant with one parent on disability allowance and one on social welfare what forms do I need to get? P20 things like that is what I heard?

Is it your first time applying or is it a renewal through the County Council?
    If its through SUSI, then their website will tell you. If its through the CoCo
    then you'll need the following:

P21 for both parents for 2012
    Social welfare statement for 2012 for disability allowance
    Social Welfare statement for 2012 for the other social welfare payment
    Copy of your exam results

If your parents financial circumstances have changed since 2012 and your parents total income allows you to apply for the special rate, then write a cover letter stating that you wish to apply for the special rate. The CoCo, will get back to you requesting any further information.
    My advice is for your parents to go in person to the social welfare offices and request the statements, as there is a backlog and it can take over a month at the moment to receive them if you apply online.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

fontdor wrote: »

Hi fontdor,

Unfortunately we cannot advise what documents will be requested. We won't know what documents are needed until the assessors have reviewed your application.

I understand your need to prepare but until the checklist is created there is no way for us to know what will be requested.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

SuSi: Reps wrote: »

Hi fontdor,

Unfortunately we cannot advise what documents will be requested. We won't know what documents are needed until the assessors have reviewed your application.

I understand your need to prepare but until the checklist is created there is no way for us to know what will be requested.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Thank you very much M'aam Highly appreciated.

Advertisement