Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business timing!

Options
  • 15-05-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

How do you time the business paper,how much is ideal to write and how much is too much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

We were told to divide the amount of marks the question is by 2.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You can do the SQ fairly quickly. But I allowed the hour for the SQ and ABQ when I did it last year and I got 80 in ABQ and 78 in SQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

hfallada wrote: »
    You can do the SQ fairly quickly. But I allowed the hour for the SQ and ABQ when I did it last year and I got 80 in ABQ and 78 in SQ.
    Any advice on the ABQ? In the mock I get full marks on every other question except one of the 60 marker, but my ABQ was only in the 40s.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Any advice on the ABQ? In the mock I get full marks on every other question except one of the 60 marker, but my ABQ was only in the 40s.

Make sure you use a quote for each point you make,also dont forget to include the information you would use in the long questions normally,our teacher told us a lot of marks are lost by people as they just use quotes and no theory. Many people forget that the ABQ is still testing your knowledge of the syllabus and not just picking out appropriate quotes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Like I got 40 marks in my ABQ for for mocks last year. Like in some of my long questions I got 56 marks and 54 marks. So I wasn't sure if I could do well in it.

But say the question is show element of marketing mix for fruit first ltd. define marketing mix (there could be 6 marks for this and say another line on it. This helps the firm achieve product position it requires).

Then make 4 points on place, price, product and promotion. You must point , develop and finally quote. If you look at marking scheme the sec as my teacher said last throw in anything but the kitchen sink. And just because the question is based on unit 6 doesn't mean you can use a point from unit 7. Plus if you have time at the end throw in a extra point if you can.

The point of the ABQ is not a comprehension. They don't want to see your amazing english. But the want quotes that are developed. Plus make sure you watch the first would of the question eg evalutate. As you have to say its effectiveness. Like I was so surprised I got full marks as I did one in my mocks and one in class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement