Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum Wage - Entitlements ?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Trying to help out a kind person who works as a sub contractor in our company. I need to ask for some pointers and advice from you all as she is struggling very badly, and I am not sure if she is entitled to any additional support .

Scenario : Working 31 hours per week cleaning , on minimum wage. Paying any contributions due from her wages. Renting with her partner, they pay the rent in full each month .
    She is struggling health wise and her medical bills are racking up and cannot afford to go the doctors /medication .

Has been working for over 9+ years in Ireland , always been on the lower wage/minimum wage.

Is there anything I can do to point her in the right direction for further assistance/help ?

She is looking for additional work at present but finding it hard to get some and with poor health finding it extremely tough.

Thanks for any pointers you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It would be well worth applying for a medical card, the cost of rent and any home loans are taken into account.

Unless there are any kids, I cant think of anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It would be well worth applying for a medical card, the cost of rent and any home loans are taken into account.

Unless there are any kids, I cant think of anything else.

Thank you very much for the reply, will pass on the details and see how I can help her.

Advertisement