Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for laptop charger. Ones online range from 60w - 90w ... which one doI get?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 9:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

I bought a second hand laptop recently, and the charger is for a totally different model of laptop. I was told that it is the wrong wattage.

So how do I find out the right wattage? The chargers I've seen on ebay range from 60watts to 90watts ... so how do I find out which one is the best for my laptop? Any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Check ebay for chargers for your model to find the voltage and current specified. The voltage must be the same, but the current can be the same or higher. The plug must obviously fit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Flip your laptop upside down and, on a sticker that contains information like the model of the laptop, you should see something like:
    DC 19V - 4.74A

For example, multiply 19V by 4.74A and we'll find out that it requires at least a 90w charger.

Voltage is the main thing that needs to match the laptop, wattage on a charger means it's maximum output so in that regard it can be either the same or higher.

Advertisement