Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO-Points.. What areas are likely to go down ?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I've applied for primary teaching and midwifery with my teaching options being my first 4 . Just wondering does anyone know if primary teaching will go down or up or stay the same ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

The number of people applying for education courses has gone down so I would say the points would stay in and around the same mark though. No one can predict it accurately though, you'll only be getting rough guesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

200c200c wrote: »
    I've applied for primary teaching and midwifery with my teaching options being my first 4 . Just wondering does anyone know if primary teaching will go down or up or stay the same ?

You honestly never know because it will go by the amount of people that want to do the course this year and we don't know how many people want to but seeing as there is some controversy surrounding job loss/ low wage i'd say it is more likely to go down than up :) also the cao posted an estimate when people first filled out their cao and it said education was down this year but that could change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

According to the CAO stats applicants for teaching is down 8% this year which is a fairly big drop. That doesn't always translate into a drop in points though. They're all here http://www2.cao.ie/app_stats/pdf/appstats01feb2013.pdf if you want to have a look for yourself :) Out of interest, where are you going next year? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

According to the CAO stats applicants for teaching is down 8% this year which is a fairly big drop. That doesn't always translate into a drop in points though. They're all here http://www2.cao.ie/app_stats/pdf/appstats01feb2013.pdf if you want to have a look for yourself :) Out of interest, where are you going next year? :D
    Thanks :) Amm, Hopefully Pats or I was thinking the Froebel course thats moving to NUI maynooth sounds good also :) Like the University experience would be better than just a primary teaching college !
    Are you thinking of teaching ? :)

Thanks :) Amm, Hopefully Pats or I was thinking the Froebel course thats moving to NUI maynooth sounds good also :) Like the University experience would be better than just a primary teaching college !
    Are you thinking of teaching ? :)

No problem! Yeah, a lot of people seem to like Froebel alright. I am yeah, I'm thinking of Marino myself :)

• Advertisement

No problem! Yeah, a lot of people seem to like Froebel alright. I am yeah, I'm thinking of Marino myself :)
    Ya I've got Marino as my third choice :) Best of luck anyway ! Getting the points will be hard enough :(

Ya I've got Marino as my third choice :) Best of luck anyway ! Getting the points will be hard enough :(

Don't I know, I'm repeating for teaching this year :p Thank you! You too :D

Don't I know, I'm repeating for teaching this year :p Thank you! You too :D

Don't think I could ever repeat !! Once is enough to do it and I just couldn't learn 20 new sraith pictiurs !!!

Advertisement