Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA BTEA and VTOS

Options
  • 15-05-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi I have a Level 7 degree and I have been offered a FETAC level 5 course.

I was searching on the internet and it says I can't get BTEA if I have a degree is this right? Is there anyway around this?

Would I be able to do it through VTOS? How do I apply through VTOS? Would I even get it?

I just would like to improve my job prospects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

If you are in receipt of JSA or JSB for 6 months or signing for credits for that length of time you could be eligible for VTOS. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/returning_to_education/vocational_training_opportunities_scheme.html
    You should contact your local VTOS centre asap as some centres have had their introductory days for applicants this week and are lining up interviews but, with the last budget changes which mean people will receive no VTOS increase to their present JSA/JSB payments, applications may be down and there may still be places on courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

Thanks balagan I rang the college this morning and they are sending me out a VTOS form for me to fill up. I hope it works out.

Advertisement